This has worked well for anxiety and insomnia

Posted by Elliecats on Jul 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had insomnia for 15 years due to fibromyalgia and also have a severe anxiety disorder from PTSD. I discovered GABA when I was researching how Valium (which I was taking) worked. I have taken GABA now for nearly 2 years now and it WORKS. It has fixed my insomnia problem and has calmed me down considerably. I only take it at night because it does make me very sleepy (for me, that's the point.) It does not appear to have any side effects, except for an occasional brief tingling when I take it on an empty stomach. It does not give me a "hangover" the next day. My only problems have been when I tried to stop taking it cold turkey - my anxiety came back. The other problem has been when I've taken it and then tried to stay awake. Obviously, mixing with alcohol, drugs, benadryl or any other depressant are not good and are not necessary. I would highly recommend this product. It took about 2-3 weeks to get the full effect, but it did help from the start.

GABA is a godsend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Several years ago I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder and the psych I was seeing wanted to put me on benzodiazepines, but being a recovering addict I didn't want to take them. I learned of GABA while taking a course dealing with neurotransmitters. I have found it works beautifully on my anxiety. It has been a genuine godsend for me, controls my anxiety without really sedating me. I was originally getting it from an herbalist who was charging me through the nose for it, then I found iHerb.com. Excellent value, excellent service, got my package when I was supposed to... no muss, no fuss. I have since started getting my other herbal suppliments from iHerb.

Replaced Ambien

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband was on sleeping meds for years. Despite his doctor telling him they were not addictive, he simply could not sleep without it. We finally decided that there had to be a better solution. After doing some investigating, we decided to give gaba a try. Well, they did the trick... immediately! There was no weaning off period, he just took gaba one night and slept like a baby. He takes 3 capsules about an hour before bed. I would highly recommend this to anyone suffering from sleep problems or for those who want to get off those awful pharmaceuticals.

Gaba is very good for our son who has diagnosis ADD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

We have taken away all other medication because this is the only thing that has given any result for our son. This is an excellent product and the price is the best i've seen worldwide. I will stockup some more WELL NOW OUR STOCK WAS DEPLETED SO I ORDERED 4 more of these. My wife who has depression takes them and of course my som with ADD takes them and also I, a 41 year old man, and i take the to feel more relaxed and focused, and the really work ! Less tension and anxiety, lower heartrate, better abality to handle stress, much better durabilty when doing tedious but important work like bookeeping. As i have my own company and still work full time as a electronics repairman these gaba pills really helps me keep on top of things.

wouldn't sleep without it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been diagnosed by a sleep specialist with some interesting sleep disorders, including mini-seizures and sleepwalking. The specialist tried me on meds like Ambien, to which I reacted badly. But I read the medical lit that came with the prescriptions and they all discussed the neurotransmitter GABA. So I tried GABA. Seizures and sleepwalking are very rare occurences now. I wake up refreshed with no sleeping-pill hangover effect. I have since recommended GABA to friends with high-stress lives, bad sleeping habits etc and they all swear by it too. Now brands are the best value and iHerb is the best company to shop with!

GABA FOR DADA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My husband is taking Gaba and the whole family is benefiting! Disagreements do not escalate, issues can be dropped, questions can be heard and answered. He notices a difference and he starts each day reaching for his supplements!

Anxiety

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was feeling like my life was out of control, like life was spinning too fast and I couldn't keep up any little thing would stress me especially rush hour traffic. A few days after I started using GABA I found things weren't affecting me the same, I was just letting things just roll along and not fretting over every little thing.

Mental clarity and confidence

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am pleased with this product. Since I started using this product, about 2 weeks ago, I have continued to notice a hightened level of mental clarity which provides me an increased level of confidence.

Works Great instead of medication for anxiety!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great product!!!!! take 2 instead of having to take valium for my nerves!!!!!

Now Foods, GABA, efeito calmante natural, cápsulas de 200 (AGORA-00088)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is helping me sleep better and makes me calm and serene. It helps the libido.