Much better results than other Gaba products

Posted by NBPT10 on Mar 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had someone with extreme anxiety try this product and it does takes the edge off. Earlier we have been using the Natural Factors Pharma Gaba product because it claims to cross the blood brain barrier better than conventional gaba. After going through a bottle of the NOW product I feel this is more effective. I know the conventional wisdom believes that gaba does not cross the Blood Brain Barrier very well. But, I will say this product does work noticeably better than any other gaba product we have tried. As others have said here, it is a good idea to let them dissolve in your mouth and try to absorb as much as possible sub lingually. It should be noted that these chewable wafers also contain Theanine, Inostitol and Taurine. There may be some interaction with these that makes the gaba more effective. The Theanine and Taurine are amino acids that are known to help with relaxation and are more effective when taken on an empty stomach. Inostitol is part of the B vitamin family and aids in relaxation. I also like that NOW sweetens the wafers with xylotol and not sugar. I like this product and give it 5 stars for being even somewhat effective in a product category where very few products work consistently and thoroughly. There are no guarantees that this will help but it is worth trying a bottle before you try other more expensive products. If you found this review helpful kindly click the YES button. You can visit my iHerb home page for more value added reviews and money saving information. Peace and good health!

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tried these after going through two bottles of Natural Factors. I love that they don't contain sugar, but the taste is pretty jarring. Not terrible though - and let's face it -- supplements shouldn't taste like candy! I actually thought this product worked better than the Natural Factor chewables -- it definitely does the job. I take them whenever I am especially stressed out -- they're my secret weapon when it comes to flying on a plane!

great GA BA

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It was my first time trying this brand and formulation of GABA, and it seems to work as well as the sublingual I was using before. I like the orange flavor, at first it had a weird smell/taste, but I didnt even notice it now and i really like it. Really helps with anxiety and relaxation. Fast acting, and a good price!

Works Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This was the first GABA product I've tried and it really works well for me. I take it 1/2 hour before bedtime with Melatonin and it has made a huge improvement in my sleep.

Fibromyalgia/Chemotherapy Sleep Disorder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have multiple chronic sleep disorders caused by fibromyalgia and residual effects from chemotherapy. On advice of a practitioner, I use a number of supplements aimed at various disorders, but GABA seems the most effective for helping me to fall asleep. I eat 2 NOW GABA chewables at bedtime, allowing the broken pieces to linger under my tongue for a few minutes before swallowing. I use Superior Source 100 mg sub-lingual GABA when I awake during the night: I don't usually need a higher dose at that time. It has a mild flavor and doesn't require chewing, so isn't disruptive to slip under the tongue. Leave one tablet on the nightstand, for easy access in the dark. http://www.iherb.com/Superior-Source-GABA-100-mg-100-MicroLingual-Instant-Dissolve-Tablets/42415 REMEMBER to NOT expose yourself to light during your period of rest, as it disrupts the pineal gland's ability to create melatonin. Avoid turning on the lights, when possible. For daytime stress, I am addressing high cortisol and blood sugar issues. (When I tried the chewable GABA during daytime, I developed mouth sores.)

Great tasting product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've used this product for stress and anxiety and it works. The tablets dissolve quickly in your mouth and taste great. I also like the fact that Theanine is also included in this product.

Natural calming effect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is good tasting chewable GABA tablet that naturally calms your nerves with no ill side effects.

Great product!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had been looking for this product and I am glad I found it on iherb. The product does what it says it will do. Although I'm not able to take it on an empty stomach I still get benifits from taking it after the meal.

For ADHD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Purchased these after researching that it could help lessen ADHD symptoms. They seem to help but are difficult to get my child to take as they don't taste so pleasant. They also have a tendency to quickly absorb moisture so if you live in a humid area be sure to keep the cap on tight. We had problems with them getting moist when I kept them in a supplement holder/pill box that wasn't airtight.

GABA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product did work for me. The downside was that it can cause you flushing of the face and upper body.

1 2 3