Very tasty substitute for wheat flour!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Excellent substitute for wheat flour in baking, it gives a richer taste. It contains the skin of the almonds too, which adds up to the fibre intake. The price is very good for the amount of product. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Tastes great, high in nutrition.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am a type 2, diabetic and need to eat only good carbs of some nutritioal value. My pharamacist recommended this flour. Wheat flour of any kind, even whole wheat will raise your blood sugar. The only exception is sourdough white bread, but being a white bread is not very nutritous, but easier on blood sugar. I make up a pancake mix using this Almond flour, oat flour and oat bran, cinnamon, vanila and apple sauce. No wheat. I find cooking with only whole grain flours, I need to add more liquid and wait a few minutes as the whole grains soak up a lot more liquid. It takes about 10 minutes and adding liquid 3 times to get batter thin enough. I have been pleased with most of Now Food products and Iherb is fantastic to buy from. White flour is only good for wallpaper paste not human consumption. I think most of the wheat now days is GMO grains, grown in fields soaked in Monsanto Roundup.

This is almond MEAL not FLOUR

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The name is misleading and inaccurate: this product is almond meal, which contains almond skins and is coarsely ground. I was disappointed as I was expecting it to be almond flour (as the label states), which should be finely ground and contain zero almond skins. Do not purchase this unless you are looking for something of a coarser consistency, or are prepared to put up with flecks of skin and larger chunks of almonds in your baking.

Excellent...but pricey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I used this product in muffins and cookies - replacing small portions of the regular flour called for in the recipe with the almond flour. The result was a very subtle flavor difference that most people probably wouldn't even notice...but I thought was pleasant.

cheap but if you are looking for blanched go elsewhere

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this does the trick for making homemade crackers but if you need blanched (i.e. without the brown, gritty skins) then you need to look elsewhere. good price for the almond meal

Good flour, but NOT the kind recommended in the cookbook!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just so you know, this is NOT the kind of almond flour recommended in "The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook" which I also purchased on this site. That cookbook recommends blanched almond flour. I did use this flour for one of the recipes though, and it did turn out ok... but supposedly blanched almond flour produces a "lighter" baked good. The cake I made with this flour had more of a brownie-like consistency.

very bad product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I just got this almond flour from iherbs,expiry date is jan 2016 but the product had already spoilt.very strong oily smell.i would advice all people not to buy this product,try other brand if you need almond flour. very bad product management...

Unblanched

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Well, I bought the Glutenfree almond flour cook book, and tons of Almond Flour, when I notice that you can NOT use unblanched almond flour in any of the recipies in the book! Couldn't find any recipies online either that called for unblanched almons flour. Ended up using it all in banana muffins. Worked very well.

Whole new experience.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

To those who, like me, avoid carbs in their food, this is the perfect solution for pastry and bread cravings. High-protein, low-carb muffins baked with this flour look amazing, taste amazing and help you build muscle without gaining gut weight. Awesome.

Love This Flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I make a great cookie out of this flour and it tastes better with the skins ground in. Very nice flour.