GMO-beets!!!

Posted by Reviewer1940808 on Jun 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This beet sugar is made from GMO beets!!!(I just confirmed it with them). Sadly, nobody else manufactures beet sugar :(

CAUTION for sulfite sensitivity - may cause reaction

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Thought this would be a good alternative to cane sugar after reading the reviews. However, I found this sugar caused me to feel breathless and therefore do not believe it's suitable for sulfite sensitivity/MCS - I won't continue to use it. Cane sugar doesn't provoke the same reaction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Our saving grace!!!

Posted by Reviewer2715813 on Jan 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Our autistic son is allergic to cane sugar and corn so finding a sugar or alternative sweetener not derived from a corn or chemical source is impossible. We ordered this wonderful beet sugar as he is not allergic to beets HE LOVES IT we now bake everything for him desserts, breads, etc....it is a God send and we thank you!! We will continue using your product FOREVER!!!!!!!! Lori

Great alternative to Cane Sugar

Posted by Reviewer3246981 on Jul 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this now for a couple of weeks and am thrilled with this product. I am allergic to cane sugar but I can have beet sugar. It tastes wonderful and a perfect choice for my family. I've made brownies with it and homemade whipped cream...both tasted heavenly! If you are on a rotation diet, this item is in the Goosefoot family instead of the Grass family so it is related to Beets and Spinach instead of Wheat, Oats, and Corn. It helped me a lot in my rotation.

About beet sugar

Posted by Reviewer1070636 on Jul 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is VERY difficult to find locally. Since I'm allergic to cane sugar (not diabetic), it was a godsend to find Iherb, which has been user friendly. Thank you!

good eats

Posted by Reviewer3269324 on Apr 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I wish the local stores would carry this sugar again. We have one child allergic to cane sugar and one allergic to corn, so this sweetener is perfect for us. It works beautifully in all baking applications, too, and it's organic!!! This is the best on-line source for it that I have found in terms of price and fast service.

Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer3316773 on Mar 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My daughter is allergic to cane sugar. Beet sugar is not available in our local grocery store. Orders are processed immediately and arrive within a resonable time, 7 to 10 days. I order several bags at one time; the $4.00 shipping charge is greatly appreciated since sugar is heavy!

After taste

Posted by Reviewer1333587 on Jan 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It is sweet but there is an after taste when used in drinks. Works well for baking though.

taste just like sugar

Posted by Reviewer1570037 on May 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

don't know if this is healthier but taste just like sugar.

Beats white cane sugar...

Posted by Reviewer2819512 on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have hypoglycemia and a very serious sensitivity to white cane sugar. Beet sugar does not cause me to have the blood-sugar "spiking" that can be caused by refined cane sugar. It also doesn't have the sickenly-sweet taste, either. This is a wonderful substitute for refined cane sugar.