Gelatin is dodgy

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

While these are a good size and easier to fill by hand than vegecaps, I'll be avoiding them like the plague from now on. After a bit of detective work, I seem to be intolerant of anything that's made of gelatin. This is apparently possible if you get the flu injection which contains gelatin, or other innoculations that contain gelatin, such as MMR (which I got with three other innoculations when I moved country). Possibly also why nutritional oils in gelcaps cause me grief (though some of that is also a salicylate/glycerine thing). It's a toxic world. My suggestion - forgo the caps and go as natural as possible (even if it tastes awful). Your immune system will play nice in the long run. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Enough size for everything

Posted by TinVal on Aug 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

You can put any powder you wish in these capsules. The size is perfect. I fill my own NAC and IP6 capsules when I go travel because they can be tightly and strongly closed. I bought this item three times and use it every day - my sister, mother and other members of my family. I certainly buy again. Very satisfied.

Good value and easy to fill...

Posted by PracticalReviews on Nov 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

iHerb carries a lot of powder forms of supplements so the ones you can't tolerate the taste just use these , it holds about 900mg max depends on the powder type , easy to swallow and best value for money,i would condsider a vegie cap if the price was a little lower. a few remarks : i think iherb should bring back the Now " Cap M Quick " back into stock and Now should write the kosher / Halal on the package itself and not only in the description page....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Easy to pull apart - good quality

Posted by coconut on Jun 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These are easy to pull apart and put back together. Good size. I have a plastic device that lines up the capsules to fill them. I have used for MSM, turmeric, bentanite clay and ginger. Very happy with results. I buy herbs in bulk and save money using these capsules.

Great for pets!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have to give my cat several pills twice daily - I use a pill cutter to make them fit and I can get several medications in one capsule. So with these capsules I don't have to pill him several times.

Great value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great value for the money, alot cheaper than other places. Only complaint is that sometimes a few of the capsules are crushed or the top is missing, but still an excellent value for the money. They fit really well in my capsule machine and don't stick like some other ones I've tried.

They are perfect.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love Now gel caps. They're perfect, never stuck together. I've used these for probably 15 years? I have tried other brands but Now is the best. The others were often filmy looking or flimsy. These are neither - always clear and acceptably sturdy. I'm sensitive to medications and use these capsules every day to split my meds into smaller doses. I like the size bc they're big enough to handle. AND...just as an 'off label use'......our cats think they are soooooo much fun. We throw them for the kitties and they bat them around and eventually eat them...or get them stuck to their fur which is also funny so nothing wrong with these puppies :) Many, many uses.

Very Useful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I like preparing some of my own supplements, and I need empty 00 capsules for that. I prepare Turmeric and Ginger capsules. Also, when I take Oregano oil, I put it in an empty capsule as I don't care for the taste. I'm grateful that these empty capsules are available.

Sturdy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Now brand gelatin capsules are the only ones I buy. I don't have to worry about cracking or crushing when I make my herb pills.

Gelatin Caps - not Halal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Gelatin caps - not halal.