Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2007 | Verified Purchase

No complaints! Used it in allergen-free (gluten-free) recipes with great results. My daughter is allergic to corn so we used this instead of xanthan gum (which is a derivative of corn).

It does its job but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It does its job but it tastes quite awful if you use it a lot. I only use it in protein smoothie which has quite blend taste. I heard that if you use xanthan gum and guar gum together the thickening effect is greater so that was what I did at the first time. But it had funny after taste so after some experiment I found out that guar gum was the reason. Since then I've been using just xanthan gum. I am not sure how it is going to taste like in baked goods but if you are planning to use it in smoothie I recommend xanthan gum instead.

Weightloss and lowering cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product has given me a 3% weightloss and I have also lowered my cholesterol with 20% over a 6 weeks periode.

Now Foods Guar Gum Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I always put a teaspoon or two of guar gum in my protein drinks. It helps thicken up the whey giving it a more "shake" type texture. Works great using a stick type blender. No lumps, no taste, just a smooth shake.

fantastic fiber

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Those of us with gluten intolerance have to find creative ways to add fiber to our baking. This one does so without changing the flavor, and it enhances the ability of breads and baked goods to "hold together" instead of crumbling. Love it!

great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this instead of xanthan gum with just as good results. I like the price too!

Good thickener for gluten free cooking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This works really well in gluten free cooking. I use less than the package suggests as it does not work well in my bread machine if I use the recommended amount.

GFcook

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this is a great product for gluten free baking. I use it in combination with xanthum gum.

Great binder - works in synergy with Xanthan Gum

Posted by iHerbalicious on May 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Works well in smoothies and milkshakes (it thickens them and adds creaminess) but I mostly use it (combined with xanthan gum) as a binder in my home baked gluten free bread. I always add a little ground flaxseed as well because it really gives that elasticity and chewiness to the bread; those of you celiacs who don’t tolerate gums or are simply wishing to avoid them, try to use ground flaxseed only or for even better results use ground flaxseed in combination with some apple fiber powder or psyllium husk to replace the gluten in your GF bread.

Use it for my homemade conditioner

Posted by aveissa on Aug 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this as a thickener for my homemade conditioner, very little of it made a big bottle of conditioner that feels gel-like and great for spreading the oils in the conditioner. I have yet to use it in food.