Great!

Posted by AnnaLL on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it to make my own crackers, or "knekkebrød" as we call them in scandinavia. I use 1/2 a cup each of almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds with two tablespoons of the husk powder and a big pinch of salt. Grind in magic bullet or food processor. Mix well with 2 cups of water and let soak for about 15 mins. This is enough for two trays. Use parchment paper on tray and use wet (so it doesn't stick) fingers to flatten. Put in middle of oven for about an hour @ 210 f or 100c.

nice fine texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this powder is pretty finely ground so it's easy to just mix it in with any drink, nice fine texture is easily blended. great value, good stuff. only complaint is package is not re-sealable so it's best to put it in another container that can be closed.

Just what I had hoped for

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Psyllium husk is the active ingredient in products such as Metamusil(tm). This is perfect. Mix a rounded teaspoon it in a bowl of oatmeal as it's cooking, in a shake, or some yogurt or small amount of juice and it goes down easy without added chemicals, dyes, sugar, or artificial sweeteners. It really works to keep your digestion just right. Use if you need a "mover" or if you want a non-chemical, non-drug way to gently give structure to loose stool. As an additional bonus, just like with oat bran, the soluble fiber in psyllium husks binds to cholesterol in your digestive track to lower blood cholesterol levels. My experience with Now Foods over the past couple of decades has been 100% positive. Finally, the price is lower than "Metamusil (tm)" or store brands of the same. I'm thankful to iHerb for offering this.

Great for low carb diet

Posted by francesjoan on Jun 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a great for making low carb gravy,pudding,adding texture to chocolate tea drinks,thicken yogurt to a pudding texture. Just be careful not to add too much otherwise its like a firm jello. It helps me avoid middle age weight gain.

Simple easy way to get your fiber

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I just keep a container of frozen juice concentrate in the freezer and pop a spoonful of concentrate in my glass with a spoon of this powder, and mix it all up. Taste is passable, texture takes a little getting used to. Great results for a healthily functioning digestive system.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good quality and really an easy way to add more fiber to your diet. I recommend to all.

Psyllium Husk Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I both have added this to our daily diet. Has had very positive benefits.

Turns baking purple

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for making low carb/keto buns with great success in the past. It is ground very fine, and does not leave a gritty texture in the baked product as when I grind psyllium husks in my coffee grinder. Unfortunately, this most recent bag has given the buns a purple colour when baked. This is not an uncommon side effect when using some other brands of psyllium, but I had thought with my previous experience with Now brand, that this was not an issue with this product. I wonder if Now has changed their supplier of psyllium because I read a recent review of the bun recipe in a low carb blog and another person mentioned purple bread using Now psyllium powder. If you are using this psyllium for baking, this is really undesirable.

Psyllium powder 24 oz.

Posted by ShelleyP on Feb 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Excellent value on this large size bag. I find the powdered psyllium to be more effective than the coarser grinds.

difficult to drink

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Very difficult to blend with water, yet soak up very fast and become too sticky to drink