Good product

Posted by Reviewer2288858 on Feb 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this product to thicken up some hot sauce I was making for the first time. It has worked magnificently. I warn you that it is extremely potent and two tablespoons thickened up two liters of hot sauce in a hurry. Very timely delivery and it is probably a lifetime supply for me. I'll certainly use iherb again.

Xanthan Gum

Posted by Reviewer2431715 on Nov 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product used in cooking for thickening sauces, milk shakes, gravy and a large variety of dishes. It creates a creamy and thicker consistency. I love it!

Great binder - works in synergy with Guar Gum

Posted by iHerbalicious on Jun 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a Celiac Disease and I use xanthan gum together with guar gum as a binder in my home baked gluten free bread – gums, when combined, they work the best. I always add a little of ground flaxseed as well because they really give that elasticity and chewiness to the bread; those of you celiacs who don’t tolerate gums or are simply wishing to avoid them, try to use ground flaxseed only or for even better results use ground flaxseed in combination with some apple fiber powder or psyllium husk to replace the gluten in your GF bread.

Great product and price.

Posted by Reviewer1447692 on May 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Xanthan Gum is a must have for any gluten free baker. It is pricey to buy as well. I was so pleased to find this easy to store container at a great price from iHerb. I have ordered 2 times in the last few months for more.

Low Cal Milkshake Solution

Posted by Reviewer2963174 on Jul 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great stuff for thickening a low calorie milkshake. I use maybe 2/3 of a teaspoon.

Great for homemade mayonnaise!!

Posted by Reviewer3064760 on Aug 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I make my own mayonnaise from scratch so I can use very healthy ingredients and oils like light olive oil and rice bran oil. The xanthan gum thickens it up just perfect!!

For baking

Posted by 4702771872311853173 on Mar 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Glad to have this for when needed.

Makes Shakes thicker

Posted by Reviewer3271419 on Apr 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I drink whey shakes alot. I like them thick, but to get them thick I have to add more whey and make it a higher calorie drink. SO. I started using Xanthan gum to thicken it up. Works great! and you DO NOT need a lot to get what you want. just a 1/8th tsp for 16 - 20 oz will do. Ice/cold water/liquid enhances its ability as well. If you want a good thickener this is great. no funny taste but it will, reduced the flavor or your drink or foods a bit (like gravy) so keep that in mind.

Ok

Posted by tinatherese on Apr 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

But can't use it as it is made of corn

from Ukraine