Amazing supplement

Posted by Reviewer1805827 on Aug 22, 2009

I have been taking this for about two months. I have Post-Polio syndrome and arthritis. My pain is gone. My muscles are stronger. I feel steadier, surefooted. It's truly amazing. I'm almost afraid to say how much better I feel for fear of breaking the spell this L-Carnosine has cast on my being. I am very grateful to have found it. I take two 500 mg a day.

better than beta alanine

Posted by Reviewer2490143 on Nov 27, 2010

This supplement has helped me to maintain muscle weight, which is hard for me. It also helps me with mental balance and works as a general mental tonic. I find the pure carnosine more useful than using beta-alanine to raise carnosine levels, because beta-alanine has its own effects and makes me feel spaced out/ throws my sleep off.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2636967 on Apr 29, 2008

Good especially for elimanating or minimizing age spots.

Good Carnosine Product With Good Price

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 09, 2015

These capsules are very easy to swallow. Carnosine's effectiveness doesn't build gradually. If you don't take enough of it during the day, it simply has no effect. The reason is that carnosine is readily degraded by the enzyme carnosinase in the human body. You need to take enough to overwhelm the carnosinase so that "undegraded" carnosine can make its way to the cells of your body. The amount varies according to age and diet, but in general, for people in their mid-thirties and higher, you're looking at 1000-1500 mg a day. If you're younger, healthy, and include lots of meat in your diet, 500 mg a day is probably enough. Carnosine, when used properly, is one of the most effective and fast acting natural anti-aging options available -- and that's being confirmed and validated in study after study. Carnosine has the remarkable ability to throttle down bodily processes that are in a state of excess, and to ramp up those that are under expressed. For example, carnosine thins the blood of people whose blood tends to clot too much and increases the clotting tendency in those with a low clotting index. Carnosine is good for muscles and good for brain too. Yoy may want to use DMAE and Acetyl-l-carnitine to help remove the lipofuscin produced in the body as a side effect of carnosine's protective action. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Increases brain power

Posted by Reviewer2792771 on Apr 13, 2008

I am a vegan and when not taking L-Carnosine find it hard to concentrate and generally weaker. L-Carnosine helps me to improve the quality of my life, especially mentally at work. I also noticed that I have a faster mental response when taking L-Carnosine. VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT. NOW FOODS ARE GREAT

L- CARNOSINE

Posted by Reviewer2223190 on Jun 01, 2008

This supplement was very helpful to me with the detoxing of bromides and fluorides. Dark circle under my eyes are near gone in two weeks.

Rocking good time!

Posted by Reviewer3260527 on Jan 13, 2011

We take this to fight glycation and it works! Our A1c values have all improved with this supplement. iHerb delivers again!

WOW! Fast Working!

Posted by Tracey on Nov 28, 2012

WOW! WOW! WOW! FAST WORKIG! In 10 days I had mental clarity, alertness, and more energy. Probably not used long enough to reduce age spots (will update). 2 pills in conjunction with 3 tabs of L-Arginine is doing the trick. Before, I needed a nap during the day and was sluggish all day. The VERY 1st dose of this combination immediately got rid of chest pain after exercise (out of shape)! I hear it is also good for diabetics (told a family member about this) as it will stop the damaging effects of Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs).

you dont have to look older

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 11, 2012

if you take this for anti-glycation purposes, use it after an intense workout, or just because you are an anti-aging seeker, then you picked the correct supplement. concentrations of this dipeptide are found in things like red meat, so if you are a vegetarian, it helps to add this to your regiment. i use this before and after weightlifting for added boost and a quicker rebound/recovery

Great anti-aging supplement

Posted by health-enthusiast on Oct 22, 2013

L carnosine is supports anti-aging, protects against protein glycation, increases cell life, rejuvenates old cells, stabilizes blood sugar, reverses signs of aging in older people and moderates bodily functions such as immune system, blood pressure etc. I take 1 - 2 capsules a day. Initially I was taking it together with eye-supplements to get rid of floaters, which worked beautifully, but have continued to use it for overall energy and health. I feel tingling all over about half an hour after I take it - somewhat similar to reacting from Niacin supplement, except that there is no redness.