Help

My skin looks 10 years younger.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It is one of the products that my dermatologist recommended. I already have known about this little miracle for years. I take it at night, the next day, the wrinkles are gone. When I take it for 2X/day, the large wrinkles are now small lines. It's terrific. And if it does this to my skin, I can only imagine what it is doing inside my skin. This is one terrific amino acid. B.

No More Cancer Sores

Posted by BigNanc on Nov 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Using L-Lysine keeps me from getting cancer sores. I take one tablet daily. If I do feel a cancer sore coming on I take 3,000 mg twice a day at the first onset and it will usually not "pop" out. Caution - taking too much on a empty stomach and give you loose stools.

Immune boosting

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Ihave been taking this for a while now and I have to say the benefits are that I don't get sick. I don't get colds and I've never had the flu! I noticed that many people give this to pets too to help ward off unnecessary illness. It gets a thumbs up in my book for helping me stay healthy.

Balances Arginine

Posted by HCGCoach on Feb 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am using a Vegan Protein Powder that is very high in arginine. Consequently, I began to break out in cold sores on my lips. The lysine has helped so far.

L-Lysine as an Anti-Anxiety supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Not only is L-Lysine anti-viral and boosts up immune system, it's also an anxiolytic agent. It has a relaxing and balancing effect on me: a big added plus! I take one 1000mg tablet daily on empty stomach with Taurine, another amino acid that helps me keep calm and balanced.

EXCELLEMNT PRODUCT from Washington State 2008

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I read this product can be used as a natural product in place of the pharmacial Valtrex for genital herpes and its a lot less expensive. I use both to be safe.

Cheap and efficient but too big to swallow comfortably

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

The Linus Pauling treatment for heart disease includes 3~6 grams of l-lysine a day. I thought that taking these pills would be the most efficient way to take that much. However I found them too big to swallow comfortably. The fact that they are tablets with sharp edges (rather than round capsules) only made taking them more difficult. After nearly choking on one, I decided there was no point in endangering my life in order to improve my health. It's a shame but I'll probably have to switch to taking 6 of the 500 mg ones. FYI I'm a 5'9" man so it's not a question of my having an abnormally small throat. On the other hand, it is possible that other people who are better at swallowing things might not have this problem with them.

Now Foods, L-Lysine, 1000mg, 100 Tablets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works well for my husband. He takes it daily to help with fever blisters and he rarely has them now. Love NOW foods quality and price.

Attention, big pill!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

A great product! Acts, but there is one big BUT .. Tablets are very large, oval. Length of 2 cm, width 1 cm, must learn to swallow them :))) Next time I will take capsules!

Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use this for cold sore prevention. Also helps heal much faster if I up the dose to 3-4000mg a day if I do get one.