Sublingual benefits more immediate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I found that the product "kicks in" quicker than capsules when allowed to dissolve for a couple of minutes under the tongue before swallowing. Take with a B-50 complex and a small amount of starchy food, like a cracker--and get a great night's sleep! --Christine from Oregon

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I bought both NOW and Doctor's Best powdered tryptophan, and found they work the same for me. I take about a teaspoon full at bedtime; not only do I get a great night's sleep but tryptophan helps a LOT with restless legs at night. I think that the fact that tryptophan is a precursor of melatonin is responsible for this. If I take straight melatonin it causes me to be very depressed; but the tryptophan does not. I have found all NOW products to be what they say they are and to work well.

IT works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from chronic insomnia. this one works if you find your right dosage. I take 1 gr in the afternoon, and one gram at night before bed time on the empty stomach. I am on a healthy diet, one small coffee in the morning, alcohol on certain occasion. no soft drink, no preservative foods of any kind. On a gluten free diet and cheat occasionally. It doesn't make you feel happy but it can help you sleep throughout the night. It took me about 10 days for me till I noticed the change. This one is better than the best doctor brand. I bought both, this one is cheaper and maybe a little better with getting dissolved in the water. My advice, get out there and walk 1 hour every day in the fresh air.

Calmative agent

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you work with someone who is unable to show restraint in temper control, you will find this additive useful in balancing your own actions in response to their antics. I take mine in tea/coffee.

great product/price, btu it tastes awful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I generally like Now Foods products, and the quality seems good for the price (it works well for sleep issues and minor anxiety/depression), but it tastes absolutely awful and nothing seems to disguise it. Next time I'll pay an extra dollar or two for the capsules.

works with melatonin

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

works well with melatonin/but if you want to try this buy the capsule form as it has a bad taste to it,

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product that, when taken as directed, works the way it should. I am in a better mood and can get some solid, like a log, sleep. I know that mood and sleep are associated, but this product does enhance both to a point where it is noticable. I used to take 5-HTP but never really felt that it was working. The L-tryptophan works better for me.

Works wonders!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Be careful though. There are side effects like muscle pain.

Fast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It works fast (guys, you'll see what I mean). Bigger size would be way better.

Works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Shifted to this when Doctor's Best doubled in price. Terrific valuse. Find it works just as well

1 2 3