Excellent for Depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP for depression and anxiety for about three weeks now. The results have been absolutely amazing. This works *far* better than any prescription anti-depressant SSRI I've been prescribed. Not only has my depression and anxiety dissipated, I actually feel energetic and alive! I read about these in Dr. Priscilla Slagle's book "The Way Up From Down" and also in Julia Ross's "The Mood Cure". I've been following Slagle's basic program which involves a very high-quality Multi Vitamin Mineral (M.V.M.), a high-quality Co-Enzyme B Complex that contains the proper form of B6 (P-5-P), and an extra 50mg of B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate / P-5-P) with each dose of L-Tyrosine or 5-HTP. I also take Vitamin C. Here's what I take: L-Tyrosine 1500mg + P-5-P 50mg on an empty stomach upon first waking up. I wait an hour before breakfast so it absorbs properly. M.V.M., B-Complex, Vitamin C 1-2000mg with breakfast L-Tyrosine 1500mg + P-5-P 50mg mid-afternoon on an empty stomach. M.V.M., B-Complex, Vitamin C 1-2000mg with dinner 5-HTP 100-150mg + P-5-P 50mg before bed on an empty stomach (makes me sleepy) The 5-HTP increases serotonin, and the L-Tyrosine increases dopamine and norepinephrine. So unlike a typical SSRI like Prozac that only increases serotonin, this increases these three neurotransmitters that regulate mood. Highly recommended if you're suffering from depression/anxiety and nothing you've tried so far seems to completely work.

Good value.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking L-Tyrosine for about 6 months for low thyroid function and notice a HUGE difference in my symptoms. Hair loss has diminished, depression is under control, skin dryness has improved...and I take no other medication for any of these things! I would highly recommend this product for anyone who suspects low thyroid function to be an issue.

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on Mar 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My wife uses this product because her underactive thyroid leaves her lethargic and sleepy. It does a remarkably good job in helping her feel more normal. She takes one capsule first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and a second one mid-afternoon. She feels more energy and more mentally clear. Episodes of fatigue and weepiness have been banished since beginning this regimen. For us, it's been a lifesaver! No bad side effects, as far as we can tell. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

helps with adhd

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Someone suggested that we try L-Tyrosine as a natural treatment for our daughter's ADHD. This amino acid has worked extremely well for us. We have had very few behavior problems since she has started taking this supplement.

L-Tyrosine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Amazing! Within one week my mood was stable and much imroved. The doc suggested anti-depressants- didn't want to go that route. Nutritionist suggested L-Tyrosine with a B-complex and C. Miracle! Truly. Love NOW brand.

It makes me calmer.

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine and a bunch of others neurotransmitters and hormones. I've noticed that it really helps with my mood, making me calmer and more positive! Another great product containing L-Tyrosine is by Thorne Research. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

so far so good after 2 weeks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this for 2 weeks as part of the basic program in Dr. Priscilla Slagle's book "They Way Up From Down" (available as a free eBook on her website). So far so good. I take one first thing in the morning and one mid-afternoon, as specified in her plan. I have noticeably more stable moods. So I have to believe the Tyrosine is doing it's part, and at this time I feel no need to up the dosage. In fact, I decided to increase to 2 in the morning for a few days but decided to go back down to 1 since I was getting a little too "up" mid-morning. Now Foods had the best price a few weeks ago when I ordered and I can vouch for it, as well as the 3 other Now supps I take: Adam Men's Multi, Magnesium Citrate tabs, and Lecithin granules.

great supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

sory for my english after a long research i decided to take l-tyro 2 on empty stomec on the mornning makes me more relaxed and positive i know it sounds crazy but this pill realy works itried to quit for a few days and felt confused and deepresd again i took effexor for 3 years and i take lithum for bi polar disorder now i quit with the effexor which was a verey hard thing to do but thanks god i have this supplement which helps me alot i tried to take this on a full stomec but it wasent effective so make sure you take it on en empty stomec it might make all the diffrence play with it see what dosage is better for you

The combination works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Recently I added :-Tyrosine to my daily 400mg of 5-HTP. i've noticed an improvement in my mood and mental clarity just in time for my college classes to start back up! Along with Ashwagandha, these herbs have saved me from tremendous synthetic pharmaceutical drug bills and side effects. Thank you iHerb !

L-Tyrosine by Now Foods

Posted by sweden on Oct 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Debilitated by ME (it's like Chronic Fatigue but it starts with a bad flu-like illness), I've spent years hardly able to leave my home due to fatigue. I've tried many products for it, but none really helped much. After taking Now Foods' Super Cortisol, Fo Ti (Nature's Way Fo-Ti Root and then Paradise Herbs Fo-Ti), and Now Foods' L-Tyrosine for 2 weeks, I perked up during the day and began needing considerably less sleep at night. These products are the only changes I've made in my life. (I take the maximum dosage given on each bottle.) I can't say if it's one of these products or the combination, but my energy level has increased considerably and my foggy brain has cleared. To anyone experiencing fatigue and/or brain fog, I'd suggest reading up on each of the products I've been using, then testing with one or all. It could take longer for you than it has for me, so don't give up!