Good anti-depressant, possible thyroid help

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this product after I heard that it can help with depression & thyroid function. To me, it feels like a kinder, gentler Wellbutrin as far as the anti-depressant help goes, and I've been able to wean myself off of conventional antidepressants. Also, my last thyroid labs looked better than the ones done 8mths. ago, for whatever that's worth. :-) I've found the "Now" label to be a very reliable brand for numerous products.

Excellent Products

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This products works. I have tried prescription anti depressant, but this products works better it leaves you with a clearer mind set, and a better outlook in life. Also i have noticed that i have more energy and my memory has improved. Every one should let go of those doctor prescribed medication that have too much side effects. I would absolutely recommend this product to any one. A+

Now Foods, L-tyrosine, 750 mg, 90 capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works very well for me. I like the higher mgs, which allows me to take fewer tablets. L-tyrosine has the same benefits as Wellbutrin for me, without side-affects, and I can start and stop without problems.

Helps with ADD and Keeps You Focused

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Keeps your mind more alert and gives you energy!

Hashimotos' Hypothyroidism

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am treating MYSELF for this disease with OTC meds. I take 2 of these every 4 hours with 400mg Raw Thyroid. I feel better than I did at 35. I am 55 now. This has been a blessing for me!

what a balance

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this has worked the best for my mood swings and chemical imbalance. Totally recommend for those with mood shifts.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This has really helped with alertness, focus and sugar craving. I still take Wellbutrin, but on a decreased dosage. I take one first thing in the morning with vitamin B-6, then later morning. Will continue to monitor and see how much I can titrate down the Wellbutrin. Also taking theanine in late afternoon. Sleeping like a baby...

Good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use it with 5htp, so cannot tell about its individual effects. The combination works well, though

Handy for travel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I normally take L-Tyrosine in a powder for quick absorption, but opti for NOW Foods for travel. Good size, easy to swallow and it works. If it's your first time to this amino acid, be patient. Try 2 tablets in the morning and another 1 or 2 depending on how anxious you are feeling. Give it 1.5-2 weeks for a good indication. Now, I only take it if I know my day is going to be stressful, e.g. flight or big meeting. Ergo, not necessary to be on a daily dose if you are feeling OK. If this review was helpful, please like the post.

Positive feedback

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

L-Tyrosine capsules are helping me to struggle against anxiety due to personal problems raised during my childhood. It also makes me feel better and more positive. I'm combining L-Tyrosine with Inositol to strengthen the effect.