Totally ineffective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Due to underarm sensitivity, I was looking for a gentle and effective deodorant - preferably one without aluminum. Lavilin looked to be the answer. After reading the other reviews, I decided to bite the rather expensive "bullet". Unfortunately my experience was identical to one of the other reviewers: This product had absolutely no effect - underarm odor became evident less than 24 hours after application. The next day I showered thoroughly and reapplied the cream (fairly heavily I might add), but the odor returned by the following morning. Since then I applied one of the deodorant stone products and have had no return of odor. For me, this product is worthless. P.S. My rating would be 0 stars, but 1 is the lowest allowed.

Cool stuff

Posted by filmoyster on May 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The only drawback is that there is a white residue, but otherwise it is an amazing product. I am just constantly surprised at how it keeps body odor away for days at a time. I do a 5th or 6th day application (instead of 7th) to be on the safe side.

Lavilin is great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Several years ago I had to quit wearing regular deodorant--my underarms broke out in a rash that I could not get cleared up as long as I continued to wear regular deodorant. I read an article about Lavilin and tried it. It was great! No rash, no odor, and I only use it once or twice a week. Absolutely the best and I will continue using it always.

not a miracle for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I read about how you can go on for several days without applying deodorant - what an amazing thing to be able to do that, all without the nasty stuff in conventional deodorant/anti-perspirants. However, I have had mixed results with this product. I had one day where I applied it and within a couple of hours I was smelling something funky from my arm pits. For the most part I can only get 36 hours from this cream. I have tried all sorts of variables: not scrubbing during shower (and later not even soaping that area), not shaving, putting it on at night, applying liberally, applying sparingly, and not using other deodorants 48 hours prior. In short, I think I've tried them all, and I get the same result: about 36 hours. Don't get me wrong, going 24 hours without any odor is worlds better than the toxic junk you get in drugstores. I just wish my body chemistry would comply for 7 days. At this price, however, you're probably better off using Now's Deodorant Cream. You can use it every day (as opposed to Lavilin's directions to not use more than every 48 hours), and costs much less.

The only underarm deodorant to use.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We have been using this product for 15 years. We could never be without it. We go six to seven days without worries. No staining of garments and no aluminum to worry about. The mere thought of having to go back to the roll-on stuff is frightening. The other thing to note is iHerb has the best price!!

best I've found

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I can not use traditional deodorants because of skin reaction. Lavilin works great and doesn't bother my skin.

Very disappointed.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I decided to try Lavilin when my Crystone stick lost its effectiveness as the weather got warmer. I followed the instructions to the letter, including the 48 hours of no deodorant before using it the first time, but I began to notice body odor on the very first afternoon! It was no better than using nothing. I even gave it a second chance, and had the same results the second time. Based on the review I saw here, I was really looking forward to good results. Since then, I've read reviews elsewhere from people who have used the product for years and say that the formula has changed. They say it worked like a charm when it was in the black packaging, but when they changed the packaging they changed the product and it no longer works for them. It was a very expensive lesson I learned, at $18.20 with shipping.

My vote for best deodorant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Lavilin for about 20 years. It's an effective formula and one tub lasts for months.

It Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Both my husband and I use this product. It's great. My husband, used deoderants before, and he smelled even with the deoderants. We've been using it for 6 months, and he doesn't smell. I recommend it for those that have bad B.O..

This works best for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product for 15 years. I use it once a week. Before I found this product, I threw away blouses and dresses that I ruined with stains and smells. I never thought I would be normal until I found this easy to use product.