Helping me survive adrenal fatigue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has been helping me survive my low adrenal secretions/adrenal fatigue over the last 4 months. It makes a definite and marked difference. You have to measure to find the level that's right for you. Too low and I get back aches and poor, light sleep. Too high and I also get poor - deep and very short sleep. The amount I currently take is 7 caps after breakfast. I don't take this with milk as Dr Baschetti advised. I tried that by breaking and disolving the caps in milk, but it works just as well taken once after breakfast as capsules. One other point: I recently learned that my adrenal fatigue may be due to very poor glucose metabolism and accompanying chromium deficiency. Apparently these 2 factors could really overwork the adrenals. Given my family history that will be worth investigating. So basically I'm using licorice to manage my symptoms while continuing to search for root the cause of my exhausted adrenals.

For CFS and Adrenal probs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is great for CFS and Adrenal problems / low blood pressure. It keeps cortisol from being broken down in the liver, therefore keeps it active in your blood stream longer giving you better levels through the day. I have CFS and adrenal insufficiency. Before diagnosis i was crashing, but kept myself going for a whole year before going on hydrocortisone. Could not have gone that long without licorice. Dont take if u have high Blood pressure as this retains sodium and raises it.

Low blood pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I had my thyroid removed and since then my blood pressure is always quite low which equals low energy level, being that licorice root can raise blood pressure i started taking it and was surprised at how much my energy level has gone up.

adrenal fatigue help

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has been great for my adrenal fatigue and is helping me wean off hydro cortisone as a treatment. I feel much better after a couple of weeks.

Read my review for the full information - POSITIVE !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm very satisfied with this Licorice Root. It has successfully fight the Herpes Virus. I've done some research on dosages, and anyone who takes this much not take more than 200mg daily, for a prolonged period of time. I would personally recommend splitting the capsule in four dosages, or preferably in three if you are able to figure out how to do it. Taking licorice root has downsides, for instance your body will retain salt/sodium, there for you must cut back very seriously on salt while taking this. Your body may also retain fluids (fluid retention). For those who have high blood pressure, it is highly inadvisable to take licorice root, and it might also be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor - hopefully they'll have the adequate knowledge.

Licorice for fertility

Posted by TrueReviews on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got licorice root for fertility purposes. I used to have the tea, which was great, and now I thought I should try the capsules. Licorice is very beneficial to the liver, the endocrine system, the immune system, it has anti-inflammatory effect, balances blood sugar levels and increases cervical mucous. It really is a superherb. I take one capsule 3 times a day up until ovulation. I haven't used it for too long but have noticed positive changes. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Adrenal support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Great help with low blood pressure, MS, and adrenal fatigue

Helps with allergies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I read that licorice root can help reduce allergies so I gave it a try and it did help. It did not eliminate the symptoms entirely but it did noticeably reduce them and I therefor recommend it. As I understand, it also raises blood pressure which is good for me because I have low blood pressure, but beware if you have high blood pressure.

For lower throat and stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The licorice root has helped to heal my throat and stomach and just after two weeks of daily use. I was taking the capsules twice daily and now I'm taking them once a day. Thanks

LIcorice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommended taking licorice for thyroid support. I have been taking licorice for 4 years now and I feel it has help me.