Help

helps with hypothyridism

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product has really improved my hypothyroidism. I guess I am different than the previous reviewer; the only way I can take it is with tomato juice, it hides the bad taste really well. I wish the iron content would be listed, though, if it really is an issue.

liver powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I really noticed improved skin color....I just looked brighter and healthier,fresher. My lips seemed redder. I fill OO gelatin capsules with the powder, its very easy to take that way.

Important Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've read that organ meats have more nutrients than muscle meats. Liver sure has been amazing for me. Everyday I feel a hum of energy that just keeps going. I recommend cooking it first as I've read there's an allowable bacteria count in supplements though its very low. Its not bad as a broth or mixed in brown rice. Much easier to take than whole liver. Its tough to get this kind of nutrition in regular foods. This could be the edge you've been looking for.

Now foods liver powder works for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using the liver powder for about a year now. When I retired at age 55 two years ago I bought a bowflex machine and started working out. I wasn't able to make any significant progress until I started using this product.

This is hands down the best product for vitality

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. Feel so much better when I take it. I put a tablespoon of the po0wder in my mouth, hold my breath, and swig it down with a couple gulps of water. This takes nerve, but the results are so good you actually get to like it.WHATEVER YOU DO--DO NOT MIX WITH TOMATO JUICE--the resulting slush is so thick I guarantee you won't be able to keep it down. So, if you have to mix it with something, mix it with some THIN liquid. Of course, I don't mix it with liquid, prefer to just slug it down in a lump, without breathing. I can certainly understand where some might be repelled by this revelation, but it has given me stamina through some incredibly chaotic, difficult times. Be careful if you have high iron levels, though.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product has transformed my life. I was always exhausted and went through a period where I could barel keep my eyes open. After a week or so on the Now Foods Liver Powder, I can stay awake longer than anyone in my family!

Convenient Way To Get Liver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am taking this because I have all of the symptoms of iron deficiency. I have ridges/lines in my very thin fingernails, fatigue, shortness of breath, cold hands and feet along with feeling cold overall most of the time and a few other symptoms as well. After reading all of the precautions of taking an iron supplement and the dangers of iron accumulating in the brain and joints I've decided consuming liver powder is the way to go to treat my symptoms. This really doesn't taste bad mixed with tomatoe juice or vegetable juice. I have read that it takes a good 90 days to produce new blood cells and so I just need to be patient and consistent with using the liver powder everyday. So far I haven't taken it enough on a consistent basis, but I have noticed an immediate increase in body temp. It really warms me up quite nicely. And my overall circulation seems much better. I've also noticed a boost in my libido and a lot more color to my pale skin. I'm hoping as time goes on that I will feel stronger as well.

Not a significant source of vitamin A?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Unlike other reviewers, I actually quite like the taste of this liver powder and have no trouble eating it by the spoonful! I feel much better when I take it, and listening to my body I feel a kind of "craving" for liver. The major negative for this product is that despite liver being considered one of the most dense sources of vitamin A, Now Foods state that their raw liver is "not a significant source of vitamin A". This is a very strange statement, and one that Now Foods wouldn't explain when asked. It's possible that they simply choose not to test for vitamin A, and write "not a significant source" for legal reasons - but that's rather misleading to people given that there ought to be quite a large amount of vitamin A content.

You get used to the taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take one spoon every day and I give a small amount to my dog too. She loves it! I like the advise of another customer to put the liver in your mouth and drink it away with water. If you don't want to taste or smell anything, try only to breathe through your mouth and not through your nose. I almost don't taste anything if I do that.

Prefer tablets - but like that it's non-defatted and has no added junk

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I found this powder very hard to do anything with. It's a bit rough to get down on its own. I'd rather take it compressed into a tablet. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.