Cures Constipation

Posted by Reviewer3126738 on Nov 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

"Combination forms" of magnesium such as this one have cured chronic constipation I've had for over 40 years, since childhood! I take one a day and that keeps me regular better than anything else I've tried over the years. It has made my stools soft and easy to pass, with no feeling of urgency. I began with 500 mg from another brand with great results, then had to reduce the dosage because my stools were getting too loose. Now I am needing to adjust the dosage again, so with continued use, you will need less for the same great results!Adjust the dose and frequency according to your body's needs and you may be happily surprised with the results too. The capsules are easier to swallow than tablets, and I have found that only the combination forms of magnesium such as NOW and Life Extension brands work this great for me, better than oxide or citrate alone.

Three excellent forms of magnesiums in one capsule!!

Posted by LivingNatural on Oct 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This Now Foods magnesium contains 3 different forms of mangesium, which are excellent. For example Magnesium Citrate has high absorption and Magnesium Aspartate boosts natural testosterone levels! Overall magnesium is one of most important minerals. I'm usually taking 1-2 capsules with water before going to sleep and always removing gelating for better absorption. It helps me recovering from hard training and protects the nervous system.

We, 4 people, tried it and it's really bad!

Posted by MichaelLabib on Aug 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have always liked NOW Foods products, actually I have like 12 open bottles from this brand. But I have to say that this product is worthless, it had no effect whatsoever. I know a good quality Magnesium supplement product, when my heart rate drops and when I'm relaxed. This product had no effect at all, if you are looking for a great Mag supplement try UltraMag from Source Naturals. It's an honest review, and it's not just mine. We are 4 people living at the same house, and we all agreed on this review.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1083102 on Aug 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've tried others but I am most happy with this formula. I started taking 400mg twice a day per dr's recommendation three yrs ago to help control migraine; within two months I had noticeable reduction in migraine frequency/duration when used in conjuction with Feverfew. I had been getting 2-3 migraines per month, now I only have them once every two or three months. It also helps me sleep better and have less limb and joint pain. Just beware that Magnesium at high doses can cause loose stools, especially at first.

Low back pain has vanished!

Posted by Reviewer2266358 on Nov 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My daughter suggested the addition of magnesium to balance the calcium I was taking. I am now totally without low back pain. Thank you iHerb!!! Edie

Good product, great price

Posted by Reviewer2490036 on Mar 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been very happy with this product as it eases the muscles and relieves restless leg syndrome. It also reduces heart pain from ME/CFS. However, I have just noticed that i-herb are selling a chelated magnesium which should be much better for the body without the problems of building up trace heavy metals so I will be buying that one in future. Thank you for an excellent service.

very effective

Posted by Reviewer1760262 on Dec 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These are great for relaxing my chronic tight muscles (back and neck) and tension head-aches. I take two pills, twice daily. They start working in about 30 minutes, and all is well again...

"Cures consitpation" because Mg Oxide is a laxative! Poor quality Magnesium.

Posted by 4616715287013331533 on Apr 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have supplemented with Magnesium for 20 years, using many products. Beware this one. The ingredients say "Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Aspartate)". Because this product did nothing to prevent leg cramps, whereas other Magnesium 'chelate' and 'citrate' supplements do, I became suspicious that the ingredients label may be little more than a dishonest up-sell for mostly cheap and useless Magnesium oxide. Then I spotted a reviewer saying "Cures constipation!", which confirmed my suspicion. Magnesium oxide is a well-known laxative. That's why it's such a poor Magnesium supplement - it goes straight through you and does not absorb. If you want a semi-natural laxative, go for it. But if you want an actual Magnesium supplement to benefit heart health, anxiety or muscle cramps, make sure you choose a product genuinely containing a Magnesium chelate (eg aspartate or orotate) or at least citrate.

bravo !

Posted by 4953093398252453435 on May 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

excellent produit !!! j'ai pris l'habitude d'acheter via votre site et j'en suis très contente ... I'm very happy !

Magnesium

Posted by 5305955429038720929 on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started taking these almost 2 months ago. I was told by some peers that they may help migraines. Well, 2 months in and I have only had 1 migraine where I was having at least 2 a week.