Good for memory

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Best type of magnesium out there, as it helps rid the body of aluminum build up and improves memory, along with the usual benefits of magnesium supplementation. Capsules work better than tablets, though.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I always use magnesium in either citrate or chelate forms. However this Malate formula is excellent too, the malic acid really helps with fibromyalgia/muscle pains and various other things, highly reccommended!

Great for leg cramps!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended to us by our doctor for nightly leg cramps. My husband and I both tried the magnesium malate tabs and had remarkable results! One thousand mg. a day, like a miracle NO CRAMPS waking us in the middle of the night. THANKS so much for making it available ~ we will continue to order when we get low on our supply!

Don't overuse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product is very effective and easy absorbed by the body. The dose is high enough for one tablet a day, taken in the morning. If you take two or even three a day as suggested, you might get to much magnesium, This happend to me and gave me musclecramps, insomnia, hartpounding and diarrea. Since calcium is muscle tension increasing and magnesium malate is muscle relaxing, The intake of calcium and magnesium should be in balance together for optimum performance.

One of the best forms of supplemental Mag

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Good price, though I wish it came in smaller tablets -- I'd rather take 2 moderately-sized tablets than one giant horse pill. Also, although the calcium carbonate this contains is probably just filler, and has a very small amount of elemental calcium, I still wish it wasn't included at all. I get plenty of calcium in my diet, and more than I really want in my supplements (from various calcium salts, plus my multi).

Good magnesium source and may clear aluminum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I live in Costa Rica and have been told that we have a lot of aluminum in the soil that is taken up by the produce. I am not sure about that, but I did find a reference that this helps remove the aluminum. I don't have any effects yet, but it is a good magnesium source as well.

It has Calcium Carbonate!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this supplement for years now, and I just noticed that it has calcium carbonate in it. I know for certain that this was not the case some time ago. I'm disappointed that NOW would change the supplement without mentioning it on the face of the label.

Calcium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Was just going to order then saw it contained calcium in 'supplemental facts'. This isn't very clear on product page or from reviews? I only need more magnesium...so

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used different formulas of magnesium. I wanted to try the malic version because Malic Acid can chelate aluminum from the body. It's also supposed to increase energy production. Other types of magnesium make the tired, this one doesn't, so it's perfect if taken during the day. I only wish I could get a clean 200 mg elemental magnesium per pill.

Recommended by my nutritionist

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This type of magnesium was recommended by my nutritionist and I also read good things about getting enough magnesium from Dr. Carolyn Dean's book "The Magnesium Miracle.