A few side effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this supplement to reduce my high cholesterol level. I took 1 pill per day with food. I didn't notice any initial side effects but after a few weeks I had very dark, tarry stools and would sometimes feel dizzy throughout the day. I researched these side effects and learned they may have been caused by internal bleeding. Policosanol is also a blood thinner so this may have contributed to my symptoms. I immediately stopped taking the Policosanol and the side effects subsided. I now only take 1 pill every other day and haven't noticed any side effects returning. I haven't been re-checked for cholesterol but will update this review when I do. Seems to be a great product, just be cautious if you bleed easily or have thin blood.

Down 50 points

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2007 | Verified Purchase

By taking this product twice a day I have droped my cholesterol from 265 to 215 !!!!!!!!

Chol Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This stuff has worked for me. Brought my total cholestrol down about 50 points

Policosanol for cholesterol reduction

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Using this product in combination with a plant sterol, flush free niacin,megaCoQ10, and red yeast rice caps as an alternative to statins...combined with a vegetarian diet..cholesterol went way down, C-reative protein levels(test for levels of inflammation in your body) went to normal and my doctor said my HDL was excellent

horrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i trid this product twice and i always had horrible reactions, especially a strong tiggling in my head, hands, feet and tongue. i had to stop immediately to take it

This stuff works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I began using this when my numbers were getting too high. With a change in diet and this, my numbers came down into the normal range. I slacked off and stopped taking it. My numbers went right back up into the bad zone. I'm taking this for the rest of my life!

Now Foods, Plicosanol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband takes this product in combination with Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Capsules and has had a wonderful reduction in his cholesterol levels. He will continue to take it every day.

Policosinol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Best product for lowering BP and LDL

Reduces cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My mum uses this to reduce her cholesterol after a bad reaction to statins prescribed by a dr. To his surprise her blood tests results were good after a couple of months of using this product combined with red rice extract also bought on iherb.

Good for cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Taking with Red Yeast Rice helped to my sister to cut down the cholesterol level and her doctor was surprised of her blood results.