A few side effects

Posted by Reviewer2917570 on Aug 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this supplement to reduce my high cholesterol level. I took 1 pill per day with food. I didn't notice any initial side effects but after a few weeks I had very dark, tarry stools and would sometimes feel dizzy throughout the day. I researched these side effects and learned they may have been caused by internal bleeding. Policosanol is also a blood thinner so this may have contributed to my symptoms. I immediately stopped taking the Policosanol and the side effects subsided. I now only take 1 pill every other day and haven't noticed any side effects returning. I haven't been re-checked for cholesterol but will update this review when I do. Seems to be a great product, just be cautious if you bleed easily or have thin blood.

Down 50 points

Posted by Reviewer2695224 on May 05, 2007 | Verified Purchase

By taking this product twice a day I have droped my cholesterol from 265 to 215 !!!!!!!!

Chol Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2303733 on Apr 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This stuff has worked for me. Brought my total cholestrol down about 50 points

Policosanol for cholesterol reduction

Posted by Reviewer2557414 on Apr 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Using this product in combination with a plant sterol, flush free niacin,megaCoQ10, and red yeast rice caps as an alternative to statins...combined with a vegetarian diet..cholesterol went way down, C-reative protein levels(test for levels of inflammation in your body) went to normal and my doctor said my HDL was excellent

horrible

Posted by Reviewer2564204 on Jan 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i trid this product twice and i always had horrible reactions, especially a strong tiggling in my head, hands, feet and tongue. i had to stop immediately to take it

Policosinol

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Jun 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Best product for lowering BP and LDL

Now Roods, Policosonal

Posted by Reviewer1083504 on Jul 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Vcaps rather than tablets is why I purchase this regularly

Now Foods, Plicosanol

Posted by Reviewer2279254 on Feb 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband takes this product in combination with Now Foods Red Yeast Rice Capsules and has had a wonderful reduction in his cholesterol levels. He will continue to take it every day.

This stuff works

Posted by Reviewer2882372 on Aug 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I began using this when my numbers were getting too high. With a change in diet and this, my numbers came down into the normal range. I slacked off and stopped taking it. My numbers went right back up into the bad zone. I'm taking this for the rest of my life!

Polisocanol

Posted by Reviewer2256695 on Mar 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Received prommptly and efficiently thanks