Magical stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These vcaps along with curcumin and the fancy Life Extensions fish oil (with Sesame & olive fruit) have lowered my diabetic father's total cholesterol from 230 to 186 in less than 3 months! His triglycerides tanked from 252 to 96!!! Holy smokes, I don't think that his triglycerides had ever been under 100 in the last 3 decades. His fibrinogen also improved drastically from 398 to 250. His cardiologist was amazed because my dad never took statins.

Warning for those taking it for Cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

A Warning for those taking it for Cholesterol. You MUST take this at NIGHT time before bed. This was the very difference in clinical studies between failure to show results and showing results as the body makes Cholesterol and repairs when it is RESTING / SLEEPING. Also great for those looking to complete the PAGG stack.

No effect on cholesterol at all

Posted by aigereem on Jul 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I read a lot of positive reviews about Policosanol in general and NOW's supplement in particular, and was very optimistic about it. My husband has a family hypercholestorolemia, his levels of total cholesterol and LDL are high since he was very young. Sadly, this supplement had absolutely no effect on his cholesterol and LDL levels after 2 bottles (1 x day = half a year of taking it). The blood test results show exactly the same elevated levels of total cholesterol and LDL, just as they were before he started taking Policosanol. I am disappointed.

Great product, great brand!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Now is my new favorite. I have done a lot of research on the different supplement companies and these guys are in a league all their own. I was fortunate enough to tour their facility and was speechless at the quality control and safety measures they have. Lots of companies talk about how good they are but these people live it! I buy their supplements for my entire family, this one was for my mom's high cholesterol and already it seems to be working incredibly, thank you so much for carrying the Now brand!!!!!

My doctor wanted me to take Lipitor.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Ever since I started using Policosanol my cholostrol levels have basically stayed the same. They haven't gone down but that could be that I only take one a day first thing in the morning. I am going to up my intake to two and see if brings my levels down.Based on maintainung my levels my Doctor has stopped trying to get me to take Lipitor which is a good sign these are working

Better than Statins

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

10mg knocked 17% off of my Colesterol count

Great price/product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this as part of a formula for helping manage high Cholesterol and I have to take 20 mg's a day. Since these pills have 20 mg's in each, I only have to take one pill instead of two a day.

This Works to Reduce my Cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My cholesterol dropped by about 20 points when I started taking this product. I also take extra CoQ-10 (actually Ubiquinol) with it.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've taken one tablet per day for past 4-5 months- my last choresterol check was the best I've had 179-- I've always been 200 or above--- thx Greg

Good So Far!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am using this brand because of its combination of ingredients to help me lower "bad" cholesterol. I have not used it long enough to give a thorough rating, but my test results have dropped approximately 11 points within 6 months time.