Potassium Citrate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've taken this for a couple of years now. I'm pleased at how it off sets water retention from sodium. I take 3 tabs/day which is about the equivalant of a banana...

Now Foods, Potassium Citrate, 99 mg, 180 Capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this because I'm taking a large dose of magnesium and they need to be balanced.

Instant relief from brain fog

Posted by KMOMO7 on Jun 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just moved into a home with water softener and couldn't shake this brain fog and lethargy once the Texas weather started heating up. Did some research and found that softened water can strip essential mineraals from your body. Especially potassium needed for nerve and brain function. Took this potassium and felt better in 20 minutes. It seemed very easily usable by my body.I use it whenever I might have hydration issues from excessive sweating etc.

uses hydrogenated oil as lubricant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is a good source of potassium but I will not order it again because hydrogenated cottonseed or palm oil (AKA magnesium stearate) is used as a lubricant.

potassium

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I try to make sure I don't run out of potassium, as I can count on severe muscle cramps at night in legs and feet if I don't get enough! My only complaint is that it doesn't come in larger capsules.

CAREFUL! Gave me diabetes symptoms!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Dec 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been diagnosed with chronic very low potassium and life-threatening hypoglycemia. These pills sent me in diabetes for 2 wks straight, until I figured out what was going on. (I knew it was diabetes because I was diagnosed with steroid-induced diabetes several years ago when put on Cortef). The FDA is right, here, to make these supplements only 3% of the US RDA! This potassium is dangerous! I am giving it 2 stars because when I am severely exhausted it helps with the CFIDS symptoms and makes me stronger but if it's easy to get thrown out of balance with this. I can't even take 2 pills per day! Not sure what is going on. Considering I'm severely low in potassium, I can't imagine what kinds of persons can take this safely. It's a pity because it helps with the debilitating exhaustion but the side effects are way too severe for me. I'm glad I was able to figure out it was this pill causing it, as when I quit it, I went back to balance and thrown again with severe diabetic thirst and discomfort all day yesterday. No good!

part of our family regimen

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A daily dose takes leg cramps away.

gave me terrible heartburn

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used potassium citrate successfully from another brand. Tried NOW foods and it gave me awful, day-long heartburn. Will not use it again.

potassium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice sized pills. Easy to swallow. Helped with my muscle cramps.

Mineral Use

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Oct 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My practitioner said I needed the citrate form of potassium ..my lab tests indicate I'm absorbing this mineral.

1 2 3 4