Risk of Causing Gastritis

Posted by rabbit on Aug 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Recently, I was under a great deal of stress and was having constant pain in my upper abdomen. The pain started a few months after I began taking Potassium Gluconate, which I later learned can cause gastritis. I am not sure if it was the Potassium Gluconate, stress, something else, or a combination of things that caused my pain, but I recommend using caution before taking this product. For anyone who might be suffering from gastritis or stomach pain, I stopped taking the Potassium Gluconate and started taking licorice (DGL), Doctor's Best PepZinGI, mastic gum, slippery elm, and acidophilus. This combination significantly soothed the pain I was having. I am no longer having those pains, so whatever it was must have healed. I bought the Potassium Gluconate because I get dehydrated easily from frequent urination. Instead, I recommend drinking coconut water for dehydration and for the replenishment of electrolytes.

A neglected mineral

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Potassium never gets the hype that other minerals tend to get but I feel most people do not get an adequate intake. I eat a fairly high protein diet too and potassium helps offset the acidity associated with this.

Sharon

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this product to get the potassium I am not receiving enough of in my foods. I believe it also assist in keeping me from having afib.

Very Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has helped tremendously to alleviate my husband's fatigue caused by atrial fibrillation. He swears by it.

Great for POTS/Orthostatic Intolerance/CFS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this while taking B12 shots for my CFS/POTS/orthostatic intolerance. Electrolyte imbalance can be a cause for fatigue in these conditions, and I was pleasantly surprised to get more energy from adding potassium to my supplement regime. I tried potassium citrate capsules however it did not go down so well - gas and bloating. This is very pleasant to drink when mixed with water - almost tasteless. I take 1/4 teaspoon once a day with a meal to avoid any GI discomfort. Potassium has made such an great difference to my energy levels. At the moment I take this with Now Foods Potassium Chloride to mix up my sources of potassium - 865mg in total split up over 3 doses a day. If you suffer from CFS/POTS/Orthostatic intolerance/dysautonomia try it out!! Be careful of using too much potassium, I tried to use 1200mg in total and I became so fatigued, it took a week to recover.

EXECELLENT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have extremely bad anemia and at nights its difficult to sleep with my low blood count. When I take the Potassium Gluconate before bed it takes away my thumping headache. Add it to lemon juice at room temperature. I found that if you add it to cold water or cold drinks it sinks to the bottom and sticks. Not so good. But will purchase again.

Great stuff and easy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take 1 ts (540mg)/day in a bottle of Vitamin water (which I may not drink all at once) and it lowers the upper number of my blood pressure 10 points (there are studies to prove it will do this too) and raised my blood potassium from 4.2 to 4.4. I would not take more than that, but since I have no kidney trouble 1 ts. / day is easy and helpful to me.

Potassium, a necessary mineral

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Potassium helps to regulate blood pressure, along with L-Taurine and 90,000 HU cayenne pepper.

good to have.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Handy to keep around. I study abroad in the Caribbean and constant dehydration is a product. I can easily replenish electrolytes by mixing this with a little sodium bicarbonate. The taste is a little bitter but not bad.

Cramps are gone.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Even with 1/2 a banana in my smoothie, I had leg cramps until I added this powder. Cramps have been gone for a year now. Love a good nights sleep.