powdered buttermilk

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this product is wonderful though difficult to find anymore no more half full spoilded cartons in the refrigerator. adds a better flavor to biscuits and hotcakes as well as smoothness.

For the dog

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought the buttermilk powder for my Dog. It is an old remedy the vet said and said it would help her eye. She has cancer and a bad eye lid also. Unfortunately it didn't work because even a pinch twice a day in her food gives her diareah. Oh well. Don't laugh.

Best price around

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I needed this to make homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and it is excellent! Best price around and it was shipped fast. Thanks for the great product and great service!

A way to this hard-to-find product, thank you ;)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love buttermilk; I love making fruit cobblers, scones, Canadian pancakes, and Irish soda bread. It's that sour but light flavour. This is the perfect product ~ thank you iHerb! I live in the UK, and this product reached me in three days! Very happy. Excellent service, and mini sample pain-relief cream to try thrown in too.

Overwhelmingly Salty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product is disgusting. I just baked a batch of bread. But oh my! When I tried to enjoy the fruits of my labor, I had an overwhelming taste of salt. I then tried the buttermilk to see if this was the source of the problem. And it tasted like sea water. Avoid at all costs!

Convenient to have in the pantry

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

How many times do you look at a recipe and just don't have any buttermilk. Sometimes you can concoct a facsimilie using vinegar and milk, but who can remember the proportions. . . this product saves all of the hassle and can sit in the pantry until you need it. Excellent!

A very good product

Posted by lhang76 on Sep 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Decided to try this since liquid buttermilk in Singapore is very expensive (imported from Australia). Effects turned out very good. Waffles are more fluffy with Real Food buttermilk powder as compared to the liquid buttermilk. A highly recommended product.

Creamy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great for baking.

Wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It makes wonderful Southern homemade biscuits.

not real

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This buttermilk is too sweet if mixed by directions on the bag. It is still too sweet if more powder is used to try to make it act like buttermilk. We have found a powdered buttermilk that is simply dried buttermilk, not sweet buttermilk.