Inconsistent quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I would have written a glowing review of these up until a few days ago when I opened the most recent bags I had ordered. I have been buying these for many months, and I was so impressed with the freshness. I agree with another reviewer that they are much fresher tasting than those in bulk bins, and I even found them to be fresher than the Whole Foods store brand. However, the two bags I most recently received are inedible. All of the walnuts are dark brown, and some show signs of mold. I would like to purchase more of these, but I hesitate based on my most recent experience.

Has become inedible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The two bags I have bought this autumn have been bitter, rancid and inedible, and I had to throw them away. For years this brand always had excellent quality, but there's something wrong now.

Not fresh

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These walnuts did not taste fresh. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Now Foods, Walnuts, Certified Organic, 12 oz

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These were OK, but did not taste organic. Had a slight bitter taste and lacked the sweetness I've come to associate with organic walnuts.

Update to Review: "High quality fresh organic walnuts" on Jan 3, 2013

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

***Original Comment: Mostly halves, few peices, very fresh. Best organic walnuts I have found.***Updated Comment from Jan 3, 2013: This applies to lot # 1526225A, Best By 10/2013. These walnuts are not quite as fresh as I have received in the past. However, they are still of good quality, as good as other organic brands I have tried, they still look good, I do not see any mold, and are still mostly halves. I'll bet they were excellent when they were fresh. I'm going to toast these with a little maple syrup to use on my salads, since they are not quite as enjoyable to eat as they are. I feel sad for the grower, it appears they did their part right. Maybe someone along the supply chain accidentally forgot to rotate their stock, or didn't refrigerate them properly. That is how it appears to me. I would suggest that anyone else with a bad experience post their lot numbers for reference. I have temporarily modified my rating from five stars down to three. Will gladly modify it back to five if the quality issues are resolved by the next time I order these walnuts.

Love these!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great FRESH organic walnuts at an excellent price. We find these to be much fresher than the bulk bin organic walnuts at our local store. These bags have enough internal air that it pads the nuts from too much damage meaning more whole pieces rather than the broken pieces in the bins. Bag after bag (we eat a lot of these), these NOW packaged walnuts continue to impress us with their freshness and quality control giving you the best available organic walnuts. Yum! In fact, I just ordered the organic raw sunflower seeds to try since I've not been happy with local bulk bin quality.

Clean fresh walnuts

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Easily the best walnuts I have ever eaten. I always thought that the slightly bitter taste of walnuts was natural. it's not, it's the disgusting pesticides that have been sprayed on and leeched into them. These are wonderful.

Good quality. Would buy again.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I soak them to reduce phytic acid (which improves digestibility in nuts) and roast them in a moderate oven with ghee and they turn out just wonderful. Great on its own as snacks, in baked goods, or even walnut butter.

I put on top of my Arrowhead Mills steel cut oats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These always taste fresh. I like them, but started buying them especially to get natural ways to lower cholesterol.

Yummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great walnuts with fresh taste.