not organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I hope Now can find a way to encourage organic options. The product is good, but it's questionableto be eating the hull of the rice that must be the most laden with pesticides.

Great product, exactly what I wanted

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This rice bran product comes milled without roasting. The texture is very fine, and is perfect for a form of Japanese pickling called nukazuke. "Nuka" is the Japanese name for rice bran. The aroma, once roasted, is amazingly rich and it roasts to a nice golden caramel color.

Not organic and no info on GMO

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The texture is great and just what I like for fiber. But Now haven't confirmed it's not GMO as they usually do in their product descriptions. It would also be great if Now could source and provide organic rice bran.

B Vitamins

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was suggested to me by my Chiropractor as a great natural source of B vitamins, so I take a couple of tablespoons every morning - probably one reason I feel so good at age 75.

nice flour substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has a very fine texture so it makes a good substitute for wheat flour, I add it to muffins and along with protein powder and extra eggs can make a good substitute for the gluten in wheat flour, rising and holding air bubbles as well as a regular recipe. Also it comes in a newer more attractive bag than shown pictured, which is supposed to be resealable but not very easy to seal so I will repackage it into another container.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I also made sure from the manufacturer that the product is free of any heavy metals. Most things made by Now Foods are great!

Wish this was organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I mix this rice bran with milk and scrub my face every night after removing makeup. Sometimes I mix it with milk and some honey and put on my face for Good 10~20 minutes and wash it off. It works great on my combination skin. It makes my skin so smooth and moisturized. Also my blackheads are fading away.

Nice Addition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like adding it to cereals, porridges, shakes, etc. It adds a nice, nutty flavor. Most would also appreciate the added fiber, too.

Try it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This rice bran is surprisingly nutty in flavor,,,quite nice. I eat it raw as a fiber supplement and it's delicious. I'm sure it would be delicious on any breakfast cereal, give it a try.

High Quality.Very Satisfied!...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Aug 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i read a review saying this product is low quality,well i'm happy i ignored it because this is a Great product.its actually better than my previous brand i was using and has a better price tag,i will keep on buying it for smoothies and baking needs.only the packaging is horrible,it has zip-lock but the first time i tried to reopen it failed and ruined,put the content in a jar,preferably refrigerated for longer shelf life...