Help

made from corn

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Actually pretty sad about this purchase. I missed the fine print about it being made from corn (which I cannot have). Since the packaging does not indicate otherwise, this most likely is from GMO corn. :( If this review has helped you make a more informed choice, please hit "yes" below!

I didn't like this brand of Xylitol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I believe this form is made from Corm source and I heard that burch tree is better. It also was not fine, it was think. I prefer my other brand that i buy.

Great tasting form of sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a great tasting form of sweetener. Diseases take better hold in a body that is overly acidic (which now days is common for most busy people on the go)so this is an excellent sweetener because it is alkaline forming. It's even safe for Diabetics, Hypoglycemics & Candida Albicans. It has Antibiotic powers that kills bacteria & viruses and is used in toothpastes and is by far healthier and safer than Sweet N' Low, Equal and Splenda.

Does not taste as good as other brands of xylitol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Does not taste as good as other brands - perhaps it is made in China or something - does not list country of manufacture

Non GMO

Posted by juliaheis on Mar 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is pretty good xylitol, and I appreciate that it is non GMO (genetically modified). However, I prefer the birch xylitol, as it seems more gentle on the digestive system and birch is not so depleting to the soil as corn usually is.

A healthy sugar!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Least expensive of the xylitol sugars available anywhere. Dissolves well. Granulation similar to table sugar. I use it in cooking, coffee, etc. Mix it with powered vitamin C when I feel a cold coming on. We don't keep any other sugar in the house.

Didn't seem to improve/alieviate dental condition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

To be honest, I purchased this product more for the dental reason. I don't think xylitol water is as helpful as chewing a xylitol gum. Granted, it doesn't leave that unpleasant aftertaste like sugar, but I don't think it did anything for my teeth ( theyonly looked worse so I eventually had to stop drinking xylitol water). My biggest mistake was brushing teeth with soap and then rinsing with xylitol water as mouthwash (I thought that would help replenishing the enamel as well as deeper layer) - which I highly do not recommend. Another thing I didn't like about this product (it must have been mentioned on the product detail page of this product) is that it has been derived from corn.

Homemade nasal rinse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I use this to make a xylitol nasal rinse, which not only helps tremendously with seasonal allergies, but was the only thing that knocked out a nasal infection last winter that had lasted through 3 different courses of antibiotics over a 6 week period and was giving me migraines. For the rinse I use: 8 oz distilled or boiled water 1 Neil Med salt packet 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon xylitol 6 drops GSE I use this in a nasal spray bottle twice a day and my allergies (which are generally horrible May-November) are almost unnoticed. I don't know how it works, but it does!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I love Now xyitol. No after taste. Best xylitol product I have found.

XYLITOL SWEETENER

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

HAVE NOT USED THIS PRODUCT YET BUT ORDERED IT BECAUSE I'M DIABETIC. NOT AS LOW-CALORIE AS A NUMBER OF OTHER SWEETENERS, BUT AM HOPING IT IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE THAN SOME OTHER ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS.