Red Yeast Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 6 2017 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommend that I take a statin drug to maintain my in-range cholesterol, I asked for a natural substitute and he recommended red yeast rice. I've been taking this for more than a year, (one tablet/day in the morning after breakfast) and my cholesterol #'s remain in the normal range.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 28 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was previously using prescribed statins which caused side effect; loss of muscle tone & stiff neck. Intergrated medical doctor prescribed red yeast rice and niacin. Very pleased with results, no side effects and cholesterol was lowered from 225 to 173.

Cholesterol lowering drug

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 27 2006 | Verified Purchase

Found it has helped me in a tremendous way not having to pass stones anymore, or having the stones getting stuck in my the common bile duct.

Too Hard to Swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 6 2008 | Verified Purchase

I find I'm unable to swallow the tablet whole, and when I split it, the jagged edges of the pieces hang up in my throat. I'm dissolving it even thought it tastes awful and adding it to my smoothies. I definitely would not recommend this product. It doesn't deserve the one star I had to give in order to submit review.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 18 2010 | Verified Purchase

Red yearst rice is great addition to healthy diet

Simple one tablet dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 29 2010 | Verified Purchase

There's only a handful of brands that carry the 1,200 mg. dose of one a day tablets. . .Now Foods is a great brand at reasonable pricing. . .

Not sure it works

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 26 2015 | Verified Purchase

Made no difference to my cholesterol levels.

The powder worked better.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 7 2009 | Verified Purchase

I got better results when I was able to get the powder version of this product. The tablet help.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

So glad we found this company - wonderful products and prices. Thank you

red rice lowers bad cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 10 2016 | Verified Purchase

red rice had lowered my bad cholesterol before so I guess this procuct will do the same

1 2