HELPS HEAL LEAKY GUT, AIDS DIGESTION

Posted by judyskitchen on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My health practitioner recommended this product as part of a protocol for healing my leaky gut and aiding my digestion. I use it several times a day before meals. I heat water to very warm, not hot, in a cup and add 1 tsp. slippery elm powder and 1/2 tsp. glutamine powder. Let it sit for 5 minutes, stir, drink. I don't add sweetener because I find the taste pleasant on its own, but sweetener can be added if desired. I also brew a half cup before bedtime. This calms my digestive system from top to bottom.

Good for IBS and damp spleen

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Very good elm. I mix a tablespoon with a wee bit of honey and it tastes like maple sugar. I am a practicing herbalist and this is very nice. Great for IBS symptoms of all kinds. Wonderful soluble fiber, gentle to take no bloating . Not need to buy expensive fiber-use slippery elm over acacia any day. Used in all cases of wasting diseases due to its very high nutritional context. Will stay down when no other nutrition will such as during chemo. Greta price.

Very Soothing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works great for an inflammed digestion system, felt it soothing the intestines right away. I found it's best to drink small glasses of it throughout the day to maintain it's effect. The warm tea recipe really helps soothe, much better than taking pills.

Really works for reflux, GERD

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Makes a bland, thick tea which coats the esophagus and digestive tract, allowing it to heal. My husband is getting much better results for GERD with Slippery Elm than he got with his PPI medication! I make him a cup with raw honey whenever he has that reflux pain, and the pain always goes away.

Slippery Elm, Powder

Posted by TinVal on Aug 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Hot slippery elm tea is a perfect end to a stressful day. Additional benefits are relieving gastrointestinal issues and as a nutritive herb (containing a number of nutrients).

Instead of Tums

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Slippery Elm will help make your stomach feel soothed if it is upset. It will also help regulate bowel movements.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use it for my cat who has a stomach problem - the Vet suggested it and it has been working fine.

Great for healing Gastro problems and Throat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had burned my throat and Larynx from Acid reflux. Could barely talk, had earache and what felt like a lump in my throat. I started taking this (a teaspoon) in half a glass of hot water with honey. Within a week my throat had improved tremendously.

Good for diverticulitis & any stomach upset.

Posted by ShelleyP on Apr 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Wow - this is wonderful stuff! I won't be without it now. My husband has mild diverticulitis and the slippery elm seems to settle down abdominal pain and gas very quickly. I take some pain medication in the evening due to low back pain, which often upsets my stomach no matter how much water I drink. I take a heaping tsp. of the slippery elm (or a little more) in a few oz. water and it settles down my stomach in just a few minutes.

Soothes the stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This really does work! I make a tea with about 1 tsp of powder. It gets kind of thick so it might not appeal to everyone, the capsules also work. My prescription antacid wasn't working so I had to try something different. So glad I did.