Basic Protein

Posted by Reviewer1854607 on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is basic, solid protein, without all of the extra junk that normally invades commercially processed food. I wish that it didn't have any soy lecithin in it, but the label shows <1%, so it's not that much. It has a mildly sweet, dry vanilla flavor (like many of the un-flavored whey proteins) to it that makes it possible to chew it like normal food, so that it can be digested properly.

The Bomb!

Posted by ocplantdaddy on Oct 02, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I am not a aways huge NOW fan, but this product is pure WPI with no additives or sugars. Can't beat the price with a stick!

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer2163263 on Jan 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

High quality product. Nice, neutral taste and it mixes easily in a shaker. I use this product several times a day, either mixing it with my Greens Today drinks or taking it plainly before and after a workout. Glad I purchased it and will make sure I always have some on hand.

Excellent protein source without additives

Posted by Reviewer2265515 on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is really a great protein source and has no sugar, or any additives. It is also very low in lactose so it doesn't upset my stomach (I'm lactose intolerant).

Best Quality Protein I've ever tried

Posted by Reviewer1241770 on Sep 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I typically have stomach issues with many of the other whey and soy proteins. This is the first whey protein that has agreed with me. I believe it's due to the superior product. I'll never switch to anything else.

Taste not great

Posted by Reviewer3221535 on Feb 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'm sure the protein content is good but the taste is not great. I would go for the flavored powder next time. Also, the consistency is not as good as other powders I've used.

Not really the same product as I had been ordering for several years previous

Posted by Reviewer3168863 on Jul 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was happily ordering this product from iHerb since about early 2008. In the past it had a neutral flavor; almost tasteless, which is what should be expected of whey isolate. Sometime around 2010 or 2012 its price suddenly doubled. I hadn't ordered it for about 18 months before my most recent order... My most recent order of this product was in June 2013. It has an expiration date of Mar 2015. Only several days ago did I open its large canister and try it as-is. It has such a foul chemical taste that if I wasn't so busy and shipping costs weren't so high, I would've sent it back to iHerb already. Even after flavoring one serving with 1 tsp McCormick real vanilla extract plus 1/16 tsp stevia extract powder that aweful chemical taste could not be masked! I don't know what the manufacturer did to this $84.14 product, but it can't possibly be healthful. I will call iHerb and complain about it. I would NEVER have continued re-ordering it for so many years if it had always tasted so bad as it currently does!

texascontessa

Posted by Reviewer1977291 on Sep 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have used this protein powder for years now and I can recommend it completely. There are other powders out there that are more expensive, but I have not found tham vastly batter for their extra cost. Also I like this one as it is unflavored which means you can make it anything you want. Yummmmmmm fruit smoothies.

The Best Whey Protein Isolate Out There

Posted by Reviewer2949471 on Jan 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the only whey isolate I found with zero other fillers, flavorings and additives. I'd like to see NOW make this product with a hormone free/organic milk source.

Great protein if you don't want any taste

Posted by Reviewer1932553 on Mar 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this daily and add it to my greens - I really appreciate that it doesn't have any taste!