No More Depression or Anxiety attacks!

Posted by Reviewer1662481 on Oct 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My family has a strong history of depression. The type that requires prescription medication. (my father and his mother). I started noticing the strong signs of depression in myself about the age of 35. My Dr. prescribed prescription medication. I used these for several years, different brands, different strengths, then double strength all on my doctors hand written prescription advice. None worked very well and all gave me terrible anxiety attacks. So I not only was depressed, but now I also was having terrible anxiety attacks. I read about St. Jonn's Wort being used in Europe very successfully for depression and decided to give it a try. I threw away all the prescriptions. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SUICIDAL. I tried St. Johns Wort. I have used it now for 15 years and have no problems whatsoever with depression and well, am quite mellow, no more anxiety attacks from prescriptions drugs that really didn't work for depression either. I take 2 in the early morning and 1 at noon. I was so glad to find this website and am very pleased with the Now Foods brand quality and price.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1987629 on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for a couple of weeks in combination with 5-htp and I do believe it is working for depression. I actually told my husband the other day, "Things seems brighter" and I meant it. Sounds corny, but walking outside the sky seemed bluer and the colors more vivid....plus my outlook on life has been more positive. I would highly recommend trying this before resorting to prescription meds....spare yourself the horrible side-effects and huge amt. of money and see how it works!

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1769532 on May 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've battled depression most of my life. This product has made it possible for me to live, work, play, grow, learn and feel "normal"!

Pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1032922 on Jan 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is even greater than I expected! I was suffering from a worse-than-usual case of SAD in November - a very dark, rainy, depressing time of year to live in the northernmost part of Europe. Darkness, depression, horrible relationship problems and a horrible break-up, stressed out because of study deadlines... after just one week of taking St. John's Wort plus 5-HTP, my general mood suddenly went from "devastated and morbid" to "cheery and upbeat", and has stayed there.

Works Just as Good as Kira

Posted by Reviewer2172676 on Mar 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was afraid to take this product for depression because I'd tried other St. John's Wort products before and nothing worked except for the Kira brand. Well, I guess many people like the Kira brand because it was out of stock at the manufacturer for a long time. Now, I've found Now Foods brand and it works just as well and is a much better deal.

Works great but causes nausea once capsules dissolve

Posted by Reviewer2345373 on May 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Capsules taste awful -even for the one second it takes to swallow. And once the capsules dissolved, my stomach would start lurching. The nausea is bad. I started taking them going to bed along with a piece of bread. I then try to get to sleep before the nausea sets in. It DOES work. I've suffered depression since my little boy died in an accident. 1200 mg of St John's Wort works as well as a combination of Cymbalta & Wellbutrin without any of the side effects. It does take a while to build up in your system, though. Give it at least 3 weeks before you see a difference in your mood.

Love it.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Three immediate family members take this daily. Their melancholic demeanor is so much improved and they are significantly less depressed and able to function normally. We all can tell the days they "forgot" to take the supplement.

No More Depression or Anxiety attacks!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My family has a strong history of depression. The type that requires prescription medication. (my father and his mother). I started noticing the strong signs of depression in myself about the age of 45. My Dr. prescribed prescription medication. I used these for several years, different brands, different strengths, then double strength all on my doctors hand written prescription advice. None worked very well and all gave me terrible anxiety attacks. So I not only was depressed, but now I also was having terrible anxiety attacks. I read about St. Jonn's Wort being used in Europe very successfully for depression and decided to give it a try. I threw away all the prescriptions. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SUICIDAL. I tried St. Johns Wort. I have used it now for 15 years and have no problems whatsoever with depression and well, am quite mellow, no more anxiety attacks from prescriptions drugs that really didn't work for depression either. I take 2 in the early morning and 1 at noon. . . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits.

St John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2257645 on Jul 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the best supplement I have found to help me with my social anxiety disorder and OCD. After being diagnosed I chose not to take prescription meds, instead I started taking two capsules of st. john's wort every morning and I could tell a major difference after maybe a month. If I miss a day or two I can really tell. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from anxiety or mood disorders.

St johns Wort

Posted by Reviewer2710146 on Nov 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love it! This stuff really seems to help my mood and it's a great price. I just take two before bed and wake up happier! I'm sure some of it is in my mind but so is my mood!