Steel-Cut Oats

Posted by Reviewer2523349 on Sep 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you're going to eat oats, THESE ARE THE BEST FOR YOU! These are oats without all the processing - that takes away the health benefits! They take 15 minutes to cook, compared with other minute oats ... but it's well worth it! For the 1-cup serving, mix in cinnamon to taste and 1/4-cup maple syrup. You have an incredibly healthy meal - any time of day!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST OATS

Posted by Reviewer1493719 on Mar 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Tried every other brand and they are good but steel cut oats are better and I like the fact aren't processed beyond their natural form. Take a little longer to cook but my, oh my, are they ever worth the extra prep time. I add butter, brown sugar and a little milk (Pet is best), then pig out. The chewy, natural grain goodness is different and may take some adjusting to but when you realize this product is only one step removed from the grass it was plucked from, it's wholesome value becomes obvious. We eat it several times a week and feel better for having done so. I cut down on the prep time by soaking them in hot water for a while before putting the saucepan on the burner to cook. Wanda in Ashdown, Arkansas

This Is Not Rolled Oats and I'm Glad I Tried!

Posted by shoppingmama on Mar 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this by mistake thinking all oats are the same. I'm surprised to find it in granule form after my order arrived. So now I know there's rolled oats and steel cut oats. Duh. LOL. But the pleasant surprise is my family likes it! Takes about 10-15mins to cook (we cook our rolled oats the same way so it's not inconvenient). And it's taste great and I like that it's not further processed i.e. rolled flat. Give it a try! >>>>>>>>>>> Click on my page link above to read about my favourite iherb purchases for my family. I test a lot of products to know what works best and write each review only after trying! >>>>>>>>>> Please click YES if you find my review helpful. Thanks a lot!<<<<<<<<<<

Which oats to eat?

Posted by HealthyGuy on Nov 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I bought these by mistake, thinking they were the typical oatmeal. Fortunately I was happily surprised with these. I like to eat these in the morning. A quick method of cooking these steel cut oats is to soak them over night and then cook them for approximately 5 minutes. Or, pour boiling water over them (which I boil for morning tea, anyway), cover,get ready for work, and 15 minutes later you have oats! Add raisins and cinnamon, or sliced banana.

So much better than mainstream oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer2094745 on Mar 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Steel cut oats will be replacing our Quaker Old Fashioned oats from now on. These may take a little longer to cook than regular oats, but it is worth the extra few minutes. These oats cook up nice & creamy, and without using milk. Wonderful served with a little agave or honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon & walnuts.

Best steel cut oats and the price is amazing!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2528020 on Nov 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I HAVE PURCHASED 4 BAGS OF THIS PRODUCT AND IT IS THE BEST. MY SON WHO IS INTO HEALTHY EATING, soaks it for 8 hours and in filtered water and in the morning when he wakes up he cooks it and it is delicious. He adds cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, xylitol and organic cocoa. Just amazing. He even shares with mommy.

Yummmm!

Posted by Reviewer2620035 on Apr 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Takes a while to cook and not everyone has that time in the morning. I make several servings at once and freeze them, then I just heat them up in the morning. Steel Cut oats are much better for you than the other varieties.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1284198 on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We used to pay much more for the stuff in the can, which is quite lovely stuff, too, don't be getting me wrong. But it is lovely to get the good stuff at a brilliant price.

Steel Cut Oats

Posted by Reviewer2199469 on Apr 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you've never tried Steel Cut Oats, do yourself a favor. Steel Cut means they are the full unflattened oat that has been cut into about 3 pieces by steel blades. The texture is great, especially if you like a plumper and chewier oatmeal. This brand is very good at the price, but I'm sure there are many good brands available.

Now Food.....

Posted by Reviewer1425832 on May 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

No complaints. Good product. But getting through to your CS is a NIGHTMARE!!! try it and see for yourself