Target Digestive Enzyme for Bloodtype A and AB

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jan 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

NOW Super Enzyme contains Betaine Hydrochloride (HCl) and ox bile extract, which are very helpful for people with bloodtype A and AB, who tend to produce less stomach acid and are prone to sluggish liver. It is suitable for people who experience bloating, pain, acid reflux, and food regurgitation with burping, soon after or up to 4 hours after meals. This product works even better if you open up the capsule and mix the content with 1oz (30ml) water and drink it with the meal. Additional tip: this is an excellent fabric stain remover. Wet the area on the fabric that is stained (oil, sauce, sweat, blood, etc), then sprinkle the content of one opened capsule and rub into the stain. Do so on both sides of the fabric of the stain. Proceed to wash the fabric with your usual washer cycle.

Not quite right for me

Posted by Leveeah on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I really like the NOW line of products and was eager to try their Super Enzymes. I have problems with malabsorption. Previously I was using two separate products, a digestive enzyme as well as Betaine HCL at every meal. I like that this product combines both, however it doesn't seem to be working nearly as well for me. I think for myself it doesn't have enough hydrochloric acid, and taking 2 capsules would give me too much ox bile. I've passed this bottle on to my mother and it seems to be a good fit for her. On a side note, a couple people who reviewed this product said they experienced burning or discomfort from these enzymes. That's simply an indication that you have enough stomach acid and don't need an enzyme with HCL. :)