Have clear bright eyes with taurine

Posted by My-Reviews on Jul 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Purchased for a relative to improve his eyesight. Taurine strengthens the cells of your retina and protects your lenses from drying out. It also acts as a carrier of some of the most important nutrients in your body, and ones critical to your eyes------the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and fatty acids. You need to get at least 500mg a day to nurture your eyes.

Thank God!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Amazing how quickly this helped my daughters grades go from failing to A's and B' the first week we saw an improvement in her ability to focus and overcome anxeity. I simply felt helpless to help my daughter she has struggled her whole life since starting school. I prayed to god please help me help my baby and taurine entered my mind. She has what appears to me as PCOS caused by insulin resistance. We are still struggling with the weight and acne and are hoping the taurine will get the insulin resistance under control and therefore the PCOS. Thank God for Iherb. Hope this helps others.

Works great for anxiety related symptoms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I find these in conjunction with magnesium are pretty much the most potent anti-anxiety combo I've come across supplement wise. I find the taurine maybe doesn't last as long but seems to have a much more noticeable impact in introducing a feeling of calm and serenity. I bought a different brand elswhere prior to this and it didn't seem to be as consistent in it's effectiveness, so I have to give the Now Foods one 5 stars for an effective product at a really good price.

Helps me to relax immediately

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If I feel that I need to relax, if I take this, I feel immediately at ease. I really took it for granted. When I stopped taking the taurine I was very irritable. I can't remember why I stopped taking it, but I think it is because it makes me sleepy. So, I'll try to take the doses at night.

Shown to decelerate age related cognative decline

Posted by NBPT10 on Dec 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Taurine is an essential amino acid that most folks do not need to supplement as it is plentiful in food. However, as we age it may be beneficial to supplement to help with age related cognitive decline. New studies have come out to show that taurine may protect brain cells against toxins such as organic pesticides and lead. It also reduces brain inflammation that can lead to Parkinson's and Alzheimer. It attenuates damage caused by amyloid protein, It prevents dysfunction in the mitochondria in the brain which will sustain energy levels. It can proliferate new neuron formation to sustain learning and memory. it can mitigate brain damage in stroke victims. Also, if you suffer from any of the following issues it may behoove you to supplement and see if it helps you: Cardio vascular issues High blood pressure Anxiety Eye disease Taurine is very safe and best taken on an empty stomach. I like this double strength size as it ensures you are getting an adequate dosage. I have used Now products for many years and found them to have quality products. It may not work for everyone or on all issues but it is relatively inexpensive and worth a try. If this review was helpful please click the YES button. Visit my iHerb home page to see my many other value added reviews. Peace and good health to you!

Great sleep aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been a fan of Taurine as a sleep aid for over a year. I bought this product which in fact caused me to double the dose which had been 500 mg at bedtime. I was a little concerned about how I might function with the double-dose. To my surprise, my sleep was even better. On the nights, I don't take the taurine, I sometimes have trouble going back to sleep after a nightly nature call. When I take the taurine...sleep is deep...and best of all I awake with no drowsiness whatsoever. Hightly rate this product.

Taurine

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take this when I eat junk food, or feel a bit stressed. It relieves my nerves and relaxes me very well. Also good for eyes I believe

Important for blood pressure control

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is just one supplement that can help blood pressure. I have been able to cut my medication in half by watching my diet, supplementing correctly, and exercising. Taurine is part of my daily routine.

This cured my MCS - multiple chemical sensitivity

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I had read that taurine deficiency was implicated in multiple chemical sensitivity (the inability to stand perfumed anything, diesel fumes, walk down the soap isle at the grocery store etc etc) but it wasn't until I tried taking two of Now Foods Double Strength taurine at breakfast and before bed (4 total per day) that I really noticed my sensitivities diminish. I still avoid chemical exposure but I can now tolerate people wearing perfume, soaps and can even walk down the chemical isle in the grocery store. I would encourage anyone suffering from MCS to give this a try.

taurine

Posted by Oski83 on Jun 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Taurine with one coffe drink = better than energy drinks. (and cheaper) It has also, calming effect