Be Careful With This If You Have Candida

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The product quality itself seems excellent. However, if you have Candida you need to be aware that taurine appears to feed it quite strongly. I follow a very strict anti-candida diet and introduce new supplements one at a time in order to clearly see any effects. After taking this product for approx 1 week started noticing a marked deterioration in my candida, and all the unpleasantness associated with it. I was taking 150mg twice daily (I buy the empty Vcaps from NOW and use a milligram scale to weigh my powders). I would not have believed that taking a single amino acid would aggrivate candida like that if I hadnt experienced it. The effect was as strong as eating small amounts of sugar for me. After taking the product for about 2 weeks I had to discontinue use, and with Google's help discovered that taurine is in fact not recommended for those with Candida. It's unfortunate because otherwise I was noticing some definite advantages from taurine intake (improved sleep and bile flow). Now that I have cleared that recent Candida load, I may experiment with putting a small amount under my tongue, rather than swallowing it. I hope this information is helpful, life is full of dietary land mines when you have candida.

the ultimate sleep formula

Posted by alloriginal on May 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

due to various issues, I've spent decades searching for the perfect sleep. I've tried nearly everything. Most nutrients did very little, most medications left me feeling like a drugged-out zombie. That's not how I want to live, so I kept searching, until I stumbled onto this (in an Iherb review, no less): each evening at bedtime I take one teaspoon of glycine powder, a half-teaspoon of taurine powder, and a quarter teaspoon of Gaba powder(inhibitory neurotransmitters). I stir these into lukewarm water. They mix easily and completely, and the taste is mildly sweet. I take tryptophan and magnesium capsules at the same time. Within minutes a gentle sleep blanket comes over me. I then sleep 7-8 uninterrupted hours, and wake up refreshed and feeling great. My wife, who has always been a very light sleeper, and would be awakened by the slightest noise, reports that she sleeps more deeply and wakes up much less often. This combination really works! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

My cat is young again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My cat 17 year old cat has a lot more energy since I started giving him this product. I mix 1/8 tsp into his food, morning and evening. It's odorless and tasteless so he doesn't even know it's there. I wish I had learned about this stuff a long time ago!

Great supplement!

Posted by sweetheart on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Taurine really makes me feel concentrated and relaxed. Also I it is needed to produce pepsin, so if you have trouble digesting your food, this supplement may be what you need. It's possible to take pepsin + HCL products to replace the stomach acids but I think it's better to fix the cause of the problem instead trying to cure the symptoms.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

2 months before my 17 year old dog passed away, she started going into seizure and losing bladder control. She also had fluid on her lungs. I gave her a large dose of taurine because it gets rid of edema/ fluid on the lungs. It did this quickly and effectively. When I bought the taurine, I was told that it also stopped seizures . . . and it did. It also stopped the loss of bladder control. And, of course, when I began purchasing the powder form from iherb, it made it so much easier to deliver the larger dose. Taurine bought my dog a couple more months of life and it enabled her to pass away comfortably, easily, without distress, and happy to spend those last days with me. I would highly recommend this product to people with heart trouble, particularly in regards to fluid retention and to those having trouble with seizures. I had also read that when disease is present, there is generally a taurine deficiency, which would indicate that it is a good thing to add to your vitamin regimen in the presence of any illness.

Takes the Edge Off Stressful Day

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've found taurine very useful for calming myself on stressful days. Take 2 tsp. a few hours before a job interview, for example. Makes me calm but not drowsy or sluggish. The stuff has almost no taste, so it's easy to take. Just mix in water and drink it.

Now Foods, Taurine Powder

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Jan 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Science now shows that the amino acid taurine is a helpful tool in supporting the production of insulin and insulin sensitivity – two major issues for any person seeking solutions for blood sugar issues. Generally taurine is thought of as a relaxing nutrient due to its function within your nervous system. It is also a general tonic to your heart. In an animal model that allows for detailed analysis of the effects of taurine supplementation it was shown that taurine helped the pancreas produce insulin, improved the expression of genes needed for the metabolism of ingested glucose, and helped insulin receptors in muscles and the liver work better. This is a profound array of support for improved blood sugar metabolism.

Wouldn't want to sleep without it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I forgot to take this one night and woke after only a few hours of fitful sleep. Took a serving of this and soon I was back asleep and a much deeper, more restful sleep. My husband and I use this every night shortly before bed now and it really helps!

helps with anxiety

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take it everynight around 6-8 pm when my panic comes on and it instantly gets rid of that feeling,(nervous stomach feeling) sometimes I take it with magnesium malate. it makes me calm. it mixes with water and tastes like nothing.ill buy it again, its working.

Taurine for arrythmia and heart failure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have found over a period of 8 weeks I have had a very significant decrease in heart failure and PVC arrythmia symptoms, using 6 to 10gms/d split in 3 or 4 doses along with about 5gm/d of l-arginine. I was already taking 800 to 1,000mg/d of Magnesium in citrate form and 3gm/d EPA/DHA which had helped to some extent with arrythmia after having to discontinue betablockers (carvedolol, taken for 5 years) because of side effects to liver.