I hope its good for me

Posted by notsteveaustin on Nov 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Because I sure like it in bean soup and in chili!

TSP

Posted by Reviewer1407498 on Nov 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Cooks up great. Tastes great. My grandson loves it.

Like it!

Posted by Reviewer1055085 on Apr 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have only eaten it unprepared, straight from the bag. Very crunchy. I believe this product has a good nutritional value. And it's defatted, and hence taste better than non-defatted soy products. (I believe the soy fat has an unpleasant taste.) Will buy again.

Taste is Off

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I usually like TVP or textured vegetable/soy protein products and, at the very least, find them tolerable, but these TSP chunks weren't for me. I tried to like them - I seasoned them in different ways, but there was always a strange taste behind the flavors I added. Unfortunately, I had to throw these into the compost bin. On the upside, it will add useful nutrients to the garden!

Good.

Posted by HildeK on Jun 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Has to boil for ages (45 min +++), but if you are making a longboiled pasta sauce it is not bad. Lasts longer then most meat, and is really good for having around in case of a emergency. As long as you have electricity to heat food with, you will have savory proteins.

Just delicious

Posted by Reviewer2810104 on Nov 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product, great price!

Delicious in stews!

Posted by Reviewer2738229 on Mar 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I made a great vegan stew and this was provided a meaty texture to it. Delicious and easy to make!

Decent meat replacement

Posted by Reviewer1173618 on May 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I think I'd prefer the granules to the chunks, but overall, these are ok. I don't like them as well as some TVP granules I had previously used, but this was my first experience with TSP.

Perfect for Japanese cuisine

Posted by Reviewer2909438 on Jan 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use it to make low-fat, high-protein, super-healthy "beef" curry, "beef" bowl, and many other Japanese dishes. It's as delicious as meat. It saves cooking time and eliminates most of the muss and fuss. It's much much cheaper than meat. It lasts longer than meat. It eliminates the need to shop for meat. (I was amazed at how much time this saves me every day.)

Great Product, Bargain Price

Posted by Reviewer1956923 on Mar 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These chunks are wonderful in soups. They have a great texture and are an excellent meat substitute. And the pricing here is the best I've found.

1 2 3 4