Great for Ulcers, GERD, Heartburn (often related to H Pylori infection)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've read that a lot of ulcers, GERD, and heartburn is related to H Pylori infection. If you diet has been full of sugar and simple carbs, then there is a good chance. Google the internet about how to rid yourself of an H Pylori infection the natural way. It invariably includes changing your diet so you're not feeding the bacteria anymore (no sugar or simple carbs, easy on iron containing foods). This supplement helps to kill it off. You also have to reduce inflammation of the gut (H Pylori hides in the folds of the gut and the killing agent needs to get to it.) I also worked on healing the gut with glutamine, DGL, and PepzinGI. It can be a long process, but it definitely worth it! You can also go the route I did - I went to a holistic practitioner and used their supplements, but also took this with it to try and reduce the cost.

H pilory: read this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Before you try the (horrible) antibiotic treatment for H pylori, or if you have tried it before without success (and survived), please keep reading! I remember feeling hopeless thinking I would have to deal with this nasty thing forever. After dealing with H pylori for over 2 years, gastritis and a duodenum ulcer, I am now bacteria-free, as confirmed by a biopsy and urea breath test yesterday! I had been taking Ulcetrol along with Mastic Gum (by NutriCology) for only 5 weeks until hearing the amazing news yesterday from my doctor. The following is a list of the other natural supplements I was taking to eradicate the bacteria and to help my stomach lining recover. 1. REFRIGERATED PROBIOTICS: Make sure you buy a refrigerated kind (as they are refrigerated, you need to get them in person, as the handling and shipping from buying online will likely compromise its effectiveness). I recommend choosing one that contains at least the strains of Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus acidophilus. I started taking one pill twice daily, one in the morning and one at night, with or without food. When my stomach feels ok I continue to take only one in the morning. 2. MASTIC GUM 2x DAILY: I only tried the brand NutriCology sold here, and was taking one pill about 30min before breakfast (sometimes 10min before when out of time) and another pill before bed. It's been only 5 weeks, and I just know it was indispensable in killing the H pylori! From now on I will take one pill whenever my stomach feels bad, and that will be a good prophylactic measure against a reinfection. Mastic Gum initially may upset your stomach, but stick through it and also take the other supplements I'm recommending. 3. ULCETROL 2X DAILY: I only tried the the brand Now sold here. I started taking this together with Mastic Gum, and believe this helped to calm and restore my stomach lining. I took the Mastic Gum pill and Ulcetrol pill together twice a day, no issues with combining them. Although I'm now H pylori-free, I will still take Ulcetrol until my gastritis subsides. 4. SLIPPERY ELM: This was recommended by my Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor. I would take it 5min before a meal that I knew my stomach would have problems with (definitely before a -seldom- alcoholic drink). You can take it before every single meal of the day when your stomach is particularly bad. Ulcetrol has a little bit of Slippery Elm in it, FYI. The one I got has 400mg, and I will still keep taking it before acidic meals or drinks as required. Please note that it is extremely important to make dietary changes, such as becoming a vegetarian while you treat yourself. Meat feeds the bacteria! As well as all types of sugar, not only refined sugar - that means that you should reduce the intake of even honey, if it's not a CERTIFIED high grade Manuka Honey (I trust the brand Comvita from New Zealand). When you're suffering with nausea, acid reflux and pain, it's a good idea to also reduce as much as possible: coffee, alcohol, gluten and soy. Good luck! It can be done! :)

No more Zantac or Maalox

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Chronic stomach pain, and past history of uclers, I was taking everything. Nexium never worked, aciphex really didn't work, Zantac came close to working for the most part. I tried ulcertrol - and it works for me.

Oh my!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

40 years after my ulcers were first found I began having problems. Not pain but extreme respiratory distress. Thought I was having severe allergies. This is, however a very rare sy!ptom of ulcers. NO RX whatever worked for me. On the verge of suicide, seriously, I found a series of items thru wonderful iherb that I am positive have saved my life and have me back on the road to enjoying life. These items are... DGL, a gawdawful tasting thing you chew, but immediately they helped me from day one. Chewyzymes, berrydophillus and the latest has been ulcetrol. I might mention that I am strict vegan and kosher and cannot abide swallowing pills or capsules. I must chew everything. Please do not criticise products so harshly that are not of help to you. All bodies and situations are different. I have found amazing help thru iherb over the years where RX hasd been of zero help to me. For someone else, the perfect answer may lie in allopathic meds and docs. We are all different. I can only say thank you iherb for renewing my life!

This is a great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It helps my night acid reflux. If I take it with one probiotic pill before I go to bed. I do not have acid reflux. My daughter thinks it is great ...

really good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take from 2-4 of these at a time in between meals, but it works with food too. Really good for leaky gut.

Really works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this is great for any upper or lower g.i. problem. incredible ability to heal and replace the lining of both the stomach and lower tract.

It Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've suffered from a stomach ulcer for over a year. 4 weeks into taking Ulcetrol twice a day and 2000mg of Mastic Gum at night on empty stomach I am better than ever. Brilliant. I feel like I'm really healing.

Worked very well for me and a friend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

You have to keep taking it for a few weeks, but this completely healed my ulcer & a friend had the same results.

I only took a few doses, but....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It seemed to upset my already very-upset stomach! I have a recurrent duodenal ulcer condition and was using Siberian pine nut oil, along with marshmallow root and a licorice compound, and seemed to be doing much better. I ordered these because I hoped they would accelerate the healing process. I tried just a couple, and each time I felt much worse. I had to "guess" it was these pills. I may be wrong and it was just a coincidence, but I stopped taking them nevertheless. I still wonder if it was the ingredient in this product..mastic gum (which is an acid)... that was to blame.