► All is Good BUT This is NOT a Non-GMO Vitamin C Product !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

All is good with this Vitamin C product offered by Now Foods, except it is NOT a Non-GMO product. It means, this is a Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) product. If you take a Vitamin C supplement with Ascorbic Acid and you guessed it, you are likely consuming a supplement with GMO origins, unless the corn was certified organic. The main source for Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C is corn which extensively corrupt material made by Monsanto and others. In fact, 98% of corn crops are GMO tainted. Regarding the taste, with the pH level in the range of 2.5 to 3, it's in the range of strong Acidic level and one can definitely expect a strong sour taste on this product as no sweetener/flavouring ingredient is added. Alkaline tastes a bit bitter in general. If you are looking for something Non-GMO Vitamin C product, this will not suit you. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Made with GMO corn

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

NOW needs to get on the non-GMO bandwagon. I wrote to them and asked if it was non-GMO and they said, no, it's not non-GMO. Bunch of double negatives in there but this is made with GMO corn. I threw away 3 bottles of this. I'll pay more for a non-GMO Vitamin C powder.

Excellent

Posted by Flicka on Apr 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very effective. I mix the powder with pineapple or apple juice, the mixture is too sour to drink if I only mix it with water. I also add this sometimes to my facial enzyme mask to get that radiant and glowy smoothness.

Seems good ...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like to mix it with fresh orange juice....

Vitamin C for pregnancy!

Posted by TrueReviews on Sep 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I started taking Vitamin C during my pregnancy after reading the Better Baby Book. I take 6 gr per day and the crystals are the easiest way to get in that amount. Vitamin C has been reported aiding in large reduction in problems with leg cramps, blood iron levels, stretch marks, delivery, post-birth healing, and baby health. And I have witnessed these facts! I rarely have leg cramps and I have no stretch marks (8th month so far). Only thing is that you shouldn't stop or start abruptly those doses, but gradually, so I make sure I take my crystals every day in 3 doses. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

I use for face

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I mix with water and use as a serum for face. Will last forever!

Not very tasty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I don't like the taste at all, too sour. I did try it for a facial and it felt good. But next time I will buy tablets / capsules, something I can swollow quickly without tasting.

Not the cheapest Ascorbic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Does what it says, but I'd expect NOW to be more competitive. Nutribiotics has their own 0.45 and 1 kg tubs for cheaper. Get it from them. I will on my next shipment.

Only bought this because...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

the one I usually buy was out of stock when I needed more ascorbic acid. I will not buy it again as I don't want GMO products unless I have no choice, which was the case this time. Usually NOW is an excellent choice, but there are a couple of products I use that I don't consider the best choice is NOW.

use this for my DIY Vitamin C serum

Posted by dingdongtwid on Oct 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

using this along with Now Foods vegetable glycerine to make vitamin C. The powder can take quite awhile to dissolve but the result is excellent. Keep this in a dark and cool place, maybe in the refrigerator once used so it won't deoxidized quickly. This bottle can last a very long time.