This strength of Vitamin D allows flexibility in daily intake

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Getting the 400 IU strength of Vitamin D-3 allows me to take 800 IU a day (one in the morning and one at night) or even 1200 IU if I want (three a day). Current thinking is that we need more Vitamin D than was previously thought necessary. My doctor has recommended at least 800 IU a day. I have osteoporosis and am being treated for that so he wants to be sure I get enough calcium and vitamin D along with the Fosamax I take. Currently, I have a broken pelvis as a result of a fall and have been advised not to take Fosamax while I am healing from that (which has the 800 IU of vitamin D bundled with it), so I am taking the vitamin D on my as capsules.

Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like that the softgels are small and easy to swallow. I would order stronger vitamins if it were allowed to import. It's easy to get a deficit during the dark winters here.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, Structural Support, 400 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've read that large doses of vitamin D can be dangerous as contribute to deposition of calcium in the blood vessels. This is a small dosage and for a good price. I am glad to purchase.

Helping my sleep!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Due to various health issues, I tend to suffer from insomnia. Since starting this, my sleep has improved noticeably. I read that Vit. D helps with sleep and energy. It looks like this product is helping with both. Many thanks for this as the price is really competitive too.

Great - I guess

Posted by ekstravirgin on Oct 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

How do you rate vitamins - I honestly don't notice any effect. Still, I found the capsules easy to swallow, there were no aftertaste, I guess they're great! Also - they are allowed to be imported into Norway, which is a point as we have restrictions on vitamin D.

Great Product -- Great Price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent Vitamin D. Is so important to help prevent colon cancer, breast cancer, and osteoporosis.

Great Buy on a Great Brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Now Foods products for about a year. My herbalist recommended the brand, but I found it to be quite expensive in the natural food stores. I especially like the Vit. D-3 in the Softgels, and i.Herb's prices can't be beat.

Vitamin D-3, 400 IU, softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Packaged well. Capsules appear dry and non-sticky. Product didn't upset my stomach.

Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, 400 IU, 180 Softgels

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Dec 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (5 out of 5). High quality vitamin D.

I think next time I will go with 1000mg