Help

Bad Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought both Now black bottle whaet grass & this Now white bottle wheat grass. My advice is discont this white bottle wheatgrass ! the quality is so bad . very hard to swallow even this is in powder form . I need to trow it away . To anyone who love to take green powder product , they shall know this is very very bad quality. i prefer not to key in any star , my rate is ) star .but i cannot send this review so just key in 1 star.

Kills our sugar cravings

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The product label talks about nutritional content, but we've discovered that two servings per day of this (between meals, like 10a & 3p) helps keep our sugar cravings in check, so reducing carbohydrates in our diet (potatoes & bread specifically) is easier. My husband lost 20lb. just by not attacking the chocolate candy jar after work because he'd had his 'green drink' at 3p. Also we both have more energy after work because we've taken in better nutrition and don't have the sugar zapping us at day's end. That's worth the effort of getting used to the idea of drinking grass! hope this helps.

Unexpected side benefit!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This powder is far courser than the fine powder of a product like "Barley Green", and so you have to be a little careful that you don't inhale it into your lungs if you are spooning it in dry and chasing it with water (or it could make you cough like crazy). That aside, when I first saw it I didn't like its' coarseness, but now I hope NOW Foods doesn't ever change it because I discovered a great side benefit! It is GREAT if you ever have that burning feeling in your throat (reflux) after eating something greasy. Now anytime this happens, I take a big spoonful of Now Foods Barley Grass powder and receive great relief of the burning within 2 minutes! It is almost like a miracle, and I wouldn't want to be without it for this reason alone! It works far better and faster than a product like Rolaids or Tums, which I don't need if I have this wheat grass. I can't explain it, but so far only this course grass from Now Foods gave me this benefit.

Brownish green and sticks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I think this product was not very fresh. The color had turned to brownish so I think the chlorophyll had oxidiced or something. Also this had pieces in it. I like more fine powder.

Works fine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This was a good product, only drawback compared to other similar products I have tried was its problems to dissolve in water when making a juice. The powder was always left in the glass.

Tasted awful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The taste makes this imbossible to swallow, nomatter how you try do camufage it.

zero biological effect: no effect on skin or appetite or energy level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The grassy-gritty taste doesn't bother me, I sprinkle several teaspoons on food or add 1-2 heaped tablespoons to my protein shake. I was hoping it will make my skin calmer (less reddish) and smoother the way eating kiwis and blueberries does, this didn't happen. I also did not observe this powder curbing my apetite or 'giving me more energy' as some reviews here are claiming. Basically it's overpriced dead fiber that doesn't come close, even remotely, to the beneficial effect of eating fresh fruits and vegetables on my skin and health.

hmmmm.....

Posted by jayzou on Apr 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Compared to 'Amazing Grass' this one bites the dust (pun intended). It's very coarse and seems to give me the runs, but that's just me. I'll stick with Amazing Grass even though it costs more. I'll put my health before the price tag.

Legal to Norway

Posted by audmarlen on Oct 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Must have! Best start of the day.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is great! Use it in my morning smoothie with other greens, and it makes me feel so good and healthy! It gives me great energy!