Help

Dana

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has cleared up my daughter's acne. It took about 4-6 months of 50 mg daily. We also have not had a cold or the flu even after exposure since taking this supplement.

Working Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I did a zinc taste test first using Ethical Nutrients zinc sulphate. Currently using Now Zinc Picolinate supplement to correct my zinc level. It's working great and is gentle on my system. I have used other Now products in the past and am very pleased with this one too. Our ability to absorb zinc declines with age and a deficiency can lead to numerous health conditions. Digestive disorders and certain medications (diuretics, blood pressure, acid suppressing, oral contraceptives, non-bioidentical hormone replacement) deplete zinc. Vegetarians and vegans especially need to monitor levels. Besides strengthening the immune system, zinc is instrumental in healing wounds, stabilizing blood glucose, neurological function, sense of taste and smell, normal growth during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence; protects against macular degeneration, helps boost libido, effectively treats acne, eczema, and eating disorders.

Great for Acne!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought Now Zinc Picolinate to try and help my son with all his allergies. I was shocked when his face got completely clear of acne for the first time ever, within 3 weeks of taking this zinc product! I give him about 100 mg. The acne has not returned!!!

*** NIH Warning ***

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This quality of this product is fine for occasional use. However, please be aware that the National Institutes of Health Upper intake Level (UL) for zinc is 40 mg/day for adults, while this product delivers 50 mg/capsule. You may develop health problems if you take this product regularly. See this: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/ "Reductions in a copper-containing enzyme, a marker of copper status, have been reported with even moderately high zinc intakes of approximately 60 mg/day for up to 10 weeks [2]. The doses of zinc used in the AREDS study (80 mg per day of zinc in the form of zinc oxide for 6.3 years, on average) have been associated with a significant increase in hospitalizations for genitourinary causes, raising the possibility that chronically high intakes of zinc adversely affect some aspects of urinary physiology"

No stomach upset

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this based on the reviews. This is the only zinc I have ever taken that did not upset my stomach in any way.

An easier way to take zinc.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Zinc piccolinate seems to be much gentler on the sysem than Zinc citrate, which gives me a sore bladder. CFTE

Posted by naturellen on Oct 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking these to prevent breakouts on my skin and they seem to be effective. The capsules don't cause any uncomfortable stomach symptoms.

Would order again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I'm using this as part of my arsenal to deal with food issues, recommended by the Diet Cure (Julia Ross). As far as I can tell, it is helping me!

great for acne prone skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

taking this form of zinc once a day has really helped my acne prone skin. Great product and great price!

ZINC IN CAPSULES! HOORAY!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS, ESPECIALLY MINERALS, IN A CAPSULE FORM! THERE ARE TOO MANY BINDERS IN TABLETS, LIKE DCP! ZINC HAS HELPED MY WHOLE FAMILY HAVE BETTER HYGIENE BY ELIMINATING FOOT AND SCALP ODORS. JUST ONE CAP A DAY DOES THE TRICK!