Nice enough but the black soap seems to work and smell better

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I usually order http://www.iherb.com/Nubian-Heritage-African-Black-Soap-Bar-5-oz-141-g/11242 but tried this for a change. It smells nice but I just feel like I am using more to get clean with this variety. The mango smell isn't really mango-ish either but it's still I nice soap I just prefer the Black African variety. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

The best soap!

Posted by larchik1979 on Apr 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the best soap of all, what I enjoyed. Previously, I had a Black African soap. But this is better. It has a yellow color with chunks of corn grits. It smells sweet, the dough for baking a cake. Person after it is clean, creaks. Pores and wrinkles are reduced. I use it morning and night. Excellent results, highly recommend!

not for me

Posted by Reviewer2985493 on Oct 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

this soap has a great smell but it made me itch all over so i had to stop using it.

I sense chemicals

Posted by Reviewer3357587 on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

You just have my word for it, but with my MCS I can sense chemicals in products and according to my senses, this has chemical(s). No where on the label does it show any type of chemical except possibly under 'Natural' fragrance and we know 'natural' is a suspect word. It's not as bad as the average soap which blasts me with chemicals, then fragrance. This has a nice scent first, then an 'after-smell' of chemicals. The mango/orange scent doesn't seem natural to me, it smells really good, but I wonder if it would be that strong if it were natural. So I'm guessing the fragrance is not natural. When it arrived it was a box full of other items I ordered and when I opened the box a huge whiff of chemicals came out even though the soap was packaged in a plastic bag. Even after I took the soap out of the plastic bag, the plastic bag smelled like chemicals. Anyway, dismiss me as an oversensitive kook, or be warned that there are chemicals in this soap. :)

Favorite Soap!

Posted by Reviewer3232858 on Jan 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Love this soap, very moisturizing and smells yummy! I've actually got several people with dry skin to start using it also.

Great Scent!

Posted by Reviewer2124949 on Apr 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This saop smells great,and the lather is luxurius! It really softens the skin. I have really sensitive skin,and i can say this soap is really mild.I will defiantly purchase again. Iherb is the best,with amzing service.

Amazing Result

Posted by 5129412800244829856 on Sep 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am from Asia. I have no regret buying this soap. I have acne skin. Due to the medication which i have apply over my acne, it dries up most part of my skin, causing it looking dry from outside but still oily from inside; causing unnecessary wrinkles, yet did not solve my acne problem. However, this soap works just amazingly. i see immediate result upon the first wash. My face looks smoother and fairer immediately. It also lighten my acne scars. In addition, I also love the smell of the soap. The overall results make me want to wash my face every 30 minutes. L.O.L.

good for cleaning nose

Posted by 4975821374756603344 on Feb 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this soap for a while and like it, though not for all face or body. If use it as ordinary soap, it makes skin quite dry and you immediately will need lotion after it (especially in the region where i live the water is quite hard). The reason I rate this product 5 stars is because it is perfect for cleaning my nose. I use it instead of cleaning pore 'nose strips' and it does the job! I found it much cheaper than buying those with even better effect. So i would recommend this soap for anyone with oily or normal skin who wants to use it for cleaning nose, but definitely will not recommend it for dry skin. Oh, and I enjoy the smell, it smells like dessert!

Delicious soap

Posted by 5045988151849143509 on Aug 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've got two of these soaps, one I use in the shower. The other is on my night stand so I can have a little sniff before getting out of bed. That's how wonderful it is. The scent is difficult to describe, not so much mango as dough for mango cake. Lovely!

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1192872 on Feb 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Excellent result! Skin like silk!