Nice enough but the black soap seems to work and smell better

Posted by NaturalMum on May 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I usually order http://www.iherb.com/Nubian-Heritage-African-Black-Soap-Bar-5-oz-141-g/11242 but tried this for a change. It smells nice but I just feel like I am using more to get clean with this variety. The mango smell isn't really mango-ish either but it's still I nice soap I just prefer the Black African variety. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

I sense chemicals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

You just have my word for it, but with my MCS I can sense chemicals in products and according to my senses, this has chemical(s). No where on the label does it show any type of chemical except possibly under 'Natural' fragrance and we know 'natural' is a suspect word. It's not as bad as the average soap which blasts me with chemicals, then fragrance. This has a nice scent first, then an 'after-smell' of chemicals. The mango/orange scent doesn't seem natural to me, it smells really good, but I wonder if it would be that strong if it were natural. So I'm guessing the fragrance is not natural. When it arrived it was a box full of other items I ordered and when I opened the box a huge whiff of chemicals came out even though the soap was packaged in a plastic bag. Even after I took the soap out of the plastic bag, the plastic bag smelled like chemicals. Anyway, dismiss me as an oversensitive kook, or be warned that there are chemicals in this soap. :)

The best soap!

Posted by larchik1979 on Apr 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the best soap of all, what I enjoyed. Previously, I had a Black African soap. But this is better. It has a yellow color with chunks of corn grits. It smells sweet, the dough for baking a cake. Person after it is clean, creaks. Pores and wrinkles are reduced. I use it morning and night. Excellent results, highly recommend!

not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

this soap has a great smell but it made me itch all over so i had to stop using it.

Favorite Soap!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Love this soap, very moisturizing and smells yummy! I've actually got several people with dry skin to start using it also.

Great Scent!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This saop smells great,and the lather is luxurius! It really softens the skin. I have really sensitive skin,and i can say this soap is really mild.I will defiantly purchase again. Iherb is the best,with amzing service.

My Favorite from this Line

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My skin has been considerably better since using this soap. I also have the Shea Butter with Lavender and Wild Flowers. Both of them moisturize well, but this one is a bit better IMO. I love the scent and the fluffy billows of lather. A great soap from a great company. I will continue to repurchase. Edit: I was using Dr. Bronners Lavender and it left my cheeks dry, even with lotion. I switched back to this soap and in 3 days my cheeks were back to being soft and supple. This soap rocks!

Delicious soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've got two of these soaps, one I use in the shower. The other is on my night stand so I can have a little sniff before getting out of bed. That's how wonderful it is. The scent is difficult to describe, not so much mango as dough for mango cake. Lovely!

surprising smell

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jun 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Universal product. Smell divine. My daughter tasted it, it very much is pleasant to it :-) Gently, delicately looks after skin and hair. The smell improves mood. As though in a bathroom there is fresh fruit.

Body Butter Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Fantastic! I LOVE the scent and I feel really clean afterward. Definitely the best soap I have tried so far.