Nubian Heritage, Raw Shea Butter Infused with Franincesne & Myrrh, 4 oz

Posted by Reviewer1413890 on Aug 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have, used this product for about five years. I loved the scent and that it went on smoothly if one warmed it in their hand. It has been my sunscreen and every other kind of lotion I used to use. In the last year the quality has gone in the toilet. The scent is almost negligible, the consistency has changed, the product has lost its pale amber color, when one rubs on it had granules in it that don't dissolve. I have gone to other retail outlets to no avail, their product has the same issues. My sis-n-law lives elsewhere and she is having the same issues, as is my neighbor. I have written to the company and have not received any explanation of why the product is like it is now. My vote currently is DON'T BUY IT. The price has risen steadily and the quality has dropped with these price hikes. Someone is asleep and the helm.

Beautiful Product

Posted by Reviewer2084487 on Aug 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Think this is the most extrodinary perfume. Lingers on the skin and is simply heavenly i think, Product you can tell is truly natural you have to be prepared to dig small amounts out of jar and warm between your hands to rub over your body. But worth every bit of effort. I love the product and will buy more. Does leave my skin feeling soft. Will buy again and more of this brand. Melbourne, Australia

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer1446518 on Jul 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great for streachmarks!

disappointed in the scent

Posted by 4703299661490179785 on Jul 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I already read a bad review on amazon about this product. Is seems nubian heritage doesn't make there stuff themselves anymore and this shea butter has no smell at all. It smells faintly like an oldschool soapbar that has been on the sink for too long. It has nothing to do with frankinscense & myrrh. Now I just have an expensive jar of shea butter/Thank you nubian heritage. I love the new deodorants and bodywashes and orderder two bodylotions but I will never buy this shea butter again. Edit 18-7 I still use it and have started to appreciate the subtle scent, so iI add one star

I liked!

Posted by Reviewer2868873 on Aug 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great tool! The aroma just is crazy, so exciting! It can replace the spirits! The skin is perfectly moisturizes and economical. I liked!

very nice

Posted by Reviewer1841961 on Jun 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I put this in my hair to tame the curls. Good stuff. Smells great.

shea butter

Posted by Reviewer1919428 on Oct 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This shea butter is a very hard solid that is difficult to scrape from the jar and apply. I don't care for the scent.

Smell stays on and blends with your natural scent

Posted by supasha on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This Raw Shea Butter melts (literally) onto your skin. It isn't waxy and the smell is just devine. The oils in the product just blend with your bodys scent and many have asked what I am wearing:)

strange texture and smell

Posted by Reviewer1190860 on Jun 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I read a lot of mixed reviews over this product but decided to give it a try. I'm afraid some reviews put it right - it's not a good product. First of all, I got mine in two layers - upper white and greasy and lover yellowish and greasy. I believe it's due to wrong storing that it got spoiled in some way. Secondly, the smell is a bit off as well as if the fat got rancid. Finally, it doesn't do my skin better but my bed clothes dirty in greasy stains. I will not buy again.

too sticky for me

Posted by Reviewer2554667 on Feb 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to try as a cheaper alternative to The Body Shop's body butter but this was just way too greasy for me. I use it on my feet and legs but it didn't absorb well at all and it was nearly impossible to put on jeans or leggings after applying this stuff. Also it left a thick, sticky film on everything I subsequently touched including my clothes. I gave it 2 stars because it moisturizes fairly and well and stays on your skin for a long time. However if you're looking for an all-natural moisturizer, I think coconut oil is much nicer.