Help

Great whole Lo Han fruit concentrate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2006 | Verified Purchase

There are very few products like this. This product is basically a whole Lo Han fruit concentrate, not a refined Lo Han sweetener. This product retains all the vitamins, minerals and other beneficial components of the whole fruit as well as a minimum of 7% mogrosides (the natural non-caloric sweeteners found in the Lo Han fruit). Most other refined Lo Han sweeteners are filtered to produce as much mogrosides as possible (usually about 80% mogrosides). With this whole fruit concentrate you get the true flavor of the Lo Han fruit. Refined Lo Han sweeteners tend to taste similar to brown sugar while this whole fruit concentrate tastes more like molasses than brown sugar. It goes very well with coffee, chocolate, etc. Because this is a whole fruit concentrate, it is not as sweet as the other refined Lo Han sweeteners available. If you’re looking for a refined Lo Han sweetener you might consider Lo Han Sweet, SlimSweet, or my favorite: Life Solutions Liquid Lo Han which contains a minimum of 80% mogrosides and no added sweeteners. Don’t stock Lo Han for too long because Lo Han loses its sweetness after several months.

Lo Han sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great alternative sweetner, doesn't make things super sweet, but enhances the flavor and removes bitterness.

The best natural sweetener I've found!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Lo Han Guo has a great flavor compared to stevia, and this is the best product on the market since my old favorite was discontinued. It seems expensive, but a bottle goes a long way. I use it mostly for baking - in drinks it has a faint alcohol aftertaste.

I love this sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This does have an alcohol taste, but I love that it is unrefined. Thank you iHerb for carrying this wonderful sweetener. I usually use NuNaturals super-concentrated stevia for drinks, but it does not taste good in coffee. I take Lo Han Supreme in my soy lattes and they taste great. I like the liquid because it sweetens the foam more than the coffee. I liked Trimedica Slimsweet very much as well, it tastes better, but this is a better value and is unrefined, so this is my preferred choice. If money isn't an issue, or blood sugar (Trimedica Slimsweet has some fructose in it) or if you are baking, you might prefer Trimedica Slimsweet. I'm grateful this NuNaturals option exists. It is more concentrated, healthier, and I don't mind the initial alcohol flavor in my coffee.

NuNaturals Lo Han Supreme (Liquid) tastes like alcohol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was disappointed with the flavor. It definitely has a strong alcohol flavor to it. I'm sticking with KAL Stevia (both liquid and powder). They sweeten with much less and don't have crazy or bitter aftertastes!

BEWARE. Really ZERO stars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Here is an honest detailed evaluation all of you ought to heed before wasting your money on this product. For decades I've been first a Nutrasweet packet user then when that wasn't available in Japan at my local Costco anymore I used Kirkland Sucralose for over 9 years. I've had zero sensitivity or side effects so far to any of these artificial sweeteners, but who really knows the adverse side effects down the road. The results of animal tests are so skewed and distorted all to the benefit of the companies producing it. Now Costco doesn't seem to want to carry any artificial sweetener at least in Japan anymore so I was searching for an alternative. I'm a pharmacist by profession so I did the due diligence of researching all the info on so many products until I learned about monk fruit. Warning this liquid will not sweeten your coffee and it will leave a bitter taste left behind on your taste buds no matter how few or more drops you use. It recommends 10-20 drops per cup on this bottle. I drink strong deep flavored coffee and usually 1 packet of Nutrasweet or Sucralose was plenty sweet for me with no cream or milk. This overpriced liquid was a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT. If you waste your money on this you are very foolish. Please heed this unbiased warning, BEWARE. I really wanted it to work as the other sweeteners I mentioned have for years. Living abroad there are few viable options but monk fruit or monk fruit and stevia blends aren't the answer either. _______________ For me from now on I'll be using coconut sugar only. It's pure, it's unrefined like white table sugar and it definitely isn't diabetes inducing HFCS.

Lo Han Supreme

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product that does what it claims. It is a good sweetener that is not based on sugar. For that, I'm grateful and I use it regularly.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am totally against using Aspartame or Sucralose and I have found this to be a great alternative. I would like to see it in a powder form without added Xylitol. Even though Xylitol is a better alternative then the chemical sweetners, I dislike the taste of it.

Love this sweetener!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It has a maple syrup smell and flavor, no aftertaste! I am in love!

taste ok but this is my first LoHan experience

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

so I don't know what to expect - I think both Lo-han and stevia taste a kind of bitter. I blend them and add some natural vanilla - and by this way I can pump up the sweetness in sweets and cookies sweetened only with dried fruit (figs) or honey.

1 2 3 4