They call it Stevia, but 99 percent of this product is a substance other than STEVIA.

Posted by Reviewer3241264 on Jun 12, 2013

It is deceptive for NuNaturals and iherb to call this "STEVIA," because it it is not stevia. It's MALTODEXTRIN with just a hint of stevia. Real stevia has a glycemic index of ZERO, Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105, at the top of the index. When I buy tuna, milk or a bag of sugar, for example, I don't expect to find that 99 percent of what I bought is actually some other substance. If I wanted to buy maltodextrin, I'd buy it for $2 a pound, not for $16 for less than a pound.

Choose something else

Posted by Slavik on Sep 03, 2012

As NuNaturals web site said "One serving is ½ tsp. powder (1 individual packet). It contains 80 mg of NuStevia extract and 920 mg of Maltodextrin." Maltodextrin has a higher GI than a sugar, so there are like more than 90% sugar in this stuff! I think NuNaturals use it because it's cheaper than erythrol in "NuStevia, No Carbs Blend, 50 Packets", but not because it's better for your health. /////////////// Тут 92% процента мальтодекстрина и 8% стевии

Bitter aftertaste

Posted by Reviewer1965012 on Jun 11, 2012

Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia.

Zero Calories - it's wonderful!

Posted by ohMiriam on Jul 17, 2012

I've tasted of stevia different firms, almost all given a strange aftertaste, except NuNaturals. This is my favorite Stevia, I like this sweetener. Now I don't use sugar, even when I bake cakes and pastries. If the recipe says "add 1 cup of sugar" - I add 1 tablespoon of stevia instead of sugar. Я пробовала стевию разных фирм-производителей, практически все дают странный привкус (послевкусие), кроме NuNaturals. Теперь это моя любимая стевия, я люблю этот подсластитель. Сейчас я не употребляю сахар, даже когда пеку торты и пирожные. Если в рецепте написано "добавьте стакан сахара", я добавляю столовую ложку стевии.

Bitter tasting

Posted by Reviewer2008910 on Dec 21, 2010

I wanted a sweetener to replace ordinary sugar on dry cereal. I think the taste is too bitter for that.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2157817 on Jul 30, 2013

Bought this because there was no stock on Nustevia nocarbs blend. I need at least 4 times more of this product for the same sweetness. Plus it contains Maltodextrin which is probably produced from GMO corn.

Easily digestible sweetener -- I love it!

Posted by Reviewer2223446 on Sep 28, 2015

Because of all the complaints about the maltodextrin content, have you ever tried a maltodextrin sweetener next to NuStevia? One, two three teaspons of Sucralose is not actually sweet! Reminds me of my friend who got upset that I used sugar-free jello in a desert! "It's not sweet" she exclaimed, and she was right. But, if you add just a bit of sugar to it, it's really really sweet. Same with stevia powder. Add a bit, and you come up with a sweetener that is much sweeter than the maltodextrin types. Also, other sweeteners may upset one's digestive system. So you also have that to consider. I have been using NuNatural Stevia Powder for more than a year. I order it in this large container about every 4 to 6 weeks, and I love it! And it IS sweet!

Bitter,bitter,bitter

Posted by Reviewer2278523 on Apr 30, 2012

Bitter,bitter,bitter

Terrible

Posted by Reviewer1763130 on Jan 21, 2009

Do not like this at all. Thought I would give it a try because it is less expensive than Trimedica Slimsweet -- but, I am going back to Slimsweet.

They changed the formula!

Posted by Reviewer1278476 on Dec 05, 2013

I've been using this for years and now I find out after calling the company that they changed the formula. Now the product is terrible!!! iHerb has the old photo posted as you can see in the picture it says Dietary Supplement but now the actual bottle says Premium Natural Sweetener. THIS IS JUST AWFUL TASTING!