They call it Stevia, but 99 percent of this product is a substance other than STEVIA.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is deceptive for NuNaturals and iherb to call this "STEVIA," because it it is not stevia. It's MALTODEXTRIN with just a hint of stevia. Real stevia has a glycemic index of ZERO, Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105, at the top of the index. When I buy tuna, milk or a bag of sugar, for example, I don't expect to find that 99 percent of what I bought is actually some other substance. If I wanted to buy maltodextrin, I'd buy it for $2 a pound, not for $16 for less than a pound.

Choose something else

Posted by Slavik on Sep 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

As NuNaturals web site said "One serving is ½ tsp. powder (1 individual packet). It contains 80 mg of NuStevia extract and 920 mg of Maltodextrin." Maltodextrin has a higher GI than a sugar, so there are like more than 90% sugar in this stuff! I think NuNaturals use it because it's cheaper than erythrol in "NuStevia, No Carbs Blend, 50 Packets", but not because it's better for your health. /////////////// Тут 92% процента мальтодекстрина и 8% стевии

Bitter aftertaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia.

Zero Calories - it's wonderful!

Posted by ohMiriam on Jul 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've tasted of stevia different firms, almost all given a strange aftertaste, except NuNaturals. This is my favorite Stevia, I like this sweetener. Now I don't use sugar, even when I bake cakes and pastries. If the recipe says "add 1 cup of sugar" - I add 1 tablespoon of stevia instead of sugar. Я пробовала стевию разных фирм-производителей, практически все дают странный привкус (послевкусие), кроме NuNaturals. Теперь это моя любимая стевия, я люблю этот подсластитель. Сейчас я не употребляю сахар, даже когда пеку торты и пирожные. Если в рецепте написано "добавьте стакан сахара", я добавляю столовую ложку стевии.

Disappointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Bought this because there was no stock on Nustevia nocarbs blend. I need at least 4 times more of this product for the same sweetness. Plus it contains Maltodextrin which is probably produced from GMO corn.

Do not be fooled

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has maltodextrin in it, so if you are trying to break a sugar addiction, manage diabetes or cut carbs., do not get this. Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia. I looked this up, thanks to another reviewer, and found that maltodextrin is highly processsed and refined; glycemic index is higher than white sugar and white bread. BAD STUFF.

Still looking for affordable uncut stevia.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I love using Stevia and have used another brand for about five years. I was disappointed in the product I received because it was not PURE steviia, it has some additives mixed in. I suppose that is to make it pour better. Honestly, when it is time for me to reorder I will look for an affordable brand that has no additives, just pure stevia extract in powdered form. Thanks for asking.

Best taste, but beware!

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Nov 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

The good news is there's a no-carbohydrate variety. However, this product contains 1 gm of maltodextrin per serving. Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate with one of the highest glycemic values of any food - 137! I will no longer purchase this product because I use more than one serving when I use it, which means a greater spike in glucose and insulin levels. Because the GI value is so high, this causes the same effect as eating any other sugar-laden food. How ironic is this, but unfortunately it's very true. Go for the no-carbohydrate variety.

Easily digestible sweetener -- I love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Because of all the complaints about the maltodextrin content, have you ever tried a maltodextrin sweetener next to NuStevia? One, two three teaspons of Sucralose is not actually sweet! Reminds me of my friend who got upset that I used sugar-free jello in a desert! "It's not sweet" she exclaimed, and she was right. But, if you add just a bit of sugar to it, it's really really sweet. Same with stevia powder. Add a bit, and you come up with a sweetener that is much sweeter than the maltodextrin types. Also, other sweeteners may upset one's digestive system. So you also have that to consider. I have been using NuNatural Stevia Powder for more than a year. I order it in this large container about every 4 to 6 weeks, and I love it! And it IS sweet!

Watch I herb like a eagle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Selling garbage like this,not right I herb.Please don't carry poisons. Maltodextrin should be advertised here...........NOT stevia, .Must be 99 % of Maltodextrin as I sweetened my tea and it put my blood glucose meter in convulsions as it won't read over 600 ! It's worse than poison and as a t1diabetic I'm much better off using brown sugar! No sweet tea for 6 weeks as I can't buy more on my budget......integrity counts in sales too you know. Mabe I can mix it with aspertaime to kill ants in the back yard.