Coconut oil at its BEST ! RECIPE INSIDE!..

Posted by PracticalReviews on Apr 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

as always,Nutiva has the best products on the market and this time its not in plastic container which is better for avoiding all the hormones in plastic packing.about 80% of the coconut oil i used had some kind of nasty aftertaste,only one brand from our local shops really tasted good so far and Nutiva is the second one i encountered with similar qualities.but take into consideration that Coconut oil like all natural unprocessed products may vary in taste and texture,sometimes the batch could be really sweet and flavorful,usually when the color is more lightly yellowish,and on other occasion it could be more neutral tasting when its brightly white and i trust Nutiva to supply us with the best raw material available.i like it in both shapes and use it for gentle pan cooking as it is much healthier than hydrogenated oils like margarines,has higher burning temperature than olive oil-thus healthier when heated,fits salty AND sweet beverages & has no cholesterol(although new research shows that there is no problem consuming high cholesterol products and the problem lies in the "engineered" oils,especially in the hydrogenated ones,but also in the refined oils as oppose to the natural cold pressed).here's a great recipe i use this product every week:take 2 TBSP of coconut oil and melt it in a small cooking pot,take 2 cups of buckwheat together with half a cup of red/green/black/mixed lentils-sift & wash them.then throw it in the pot while mixing it and letting it all absorb the coconut oil.add water up to 1cm above the mixture and add about 1 TSP of Turmeric powder,a little Black pepper,Nutmeg & salt and mix again.wait 5-7 minutes and add Pumpkin seeds & Raisins on top and put it on the smallest flame you got for 20 minutes or so,check there is enough water till the end of the process and blend the mixture from time to time.That's it!!!a balanced & tasty meal....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Great for face and hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Made my hair super soft after just one use, great for removing make up, great for keeping the skin nice and soft.

Not much taste...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was initially going to mix this in together with my dog's food, but for some reason, he didn't like it. Oh well. This smells great although it didnt have much taste, i don't know if it's supposed to be like that. This is my first time buying coconut oil, perhaps someone can shed some light if coconut oil is supposed to be tasteless? Thanks!

***^***ALWAYS Nutiva ALWAYS Nutiva***^***

Posted by vafa33 on Jan 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

purest, delicious ,freshest Nutiva coconut oil

Really lovely flavour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Beautiful coconut oil, you can even just have a teaspoon on its own it is that nice. I cook with it, rub it into my skin, just love this one in particular. Cold pressed virgin is the very best you can get. Great price compared to what I can buy in New Zealand.

Eh

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Usually I get my coconut oil from a different site, but I thought I'd try this one out. I'll defs be sticking with my other coconut oil! The container for this product is huge & combersom - it added a lot of weight (and thus cost!) to my shipping, which I was prepared to pay to test the product... but not worth it. Its nothing special - just an oversized/inconvenient sized containter of coconut oil - cheaper & easier to transport in other brands!

Good coconut oil!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good oil! Love the taste and fragrance! I have been buying it from iherb since a few months ago.... Read that it's good for eczema and acne...but it doesn't work well with me though. Bought a bottle last month, it had a dead insect inside, was surprised by it! Iherb has refunded me and said they would feedback to the company. Thanks to Iherb for their prompt respond!

GREAT!!!1

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

GREAT!!!

So pure, delicious and fragrance..My kid loves it

Posted by Orsaju on Dec 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Use it for varoius purpose, as carrier oil and cooking. But the best reward is to see my picky eater kid never say NO everytime i cook ordinary dishes with this coconut oil. The flavour is so irrestitable and bring out best of flavour. It taste delicious too when u just eat it raw

Love this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have tried other coconut oils, but I really enjoy the taste of this one for my oil pulling and cooking. I'm not a connoisseur or anything, but I recommend this over other brands I've tried.