Excellent organic hemp seed oil.

Posted by Leione on Jun 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Hemp oil is truly a superfood. In addition to being organic, cold pressed, non-GMO, hexane and BPA free, non-hydrogenated, and vegan, this delicious oil with a nutty flavor is one of the best sources of the rare omega-6 (linolenic, gamma-linolenic), omega-3 (alpha-linolenic, stearidonic), omega-9 oleic fatty acids known for fighting inflammation, relieving pain, supporting a healthy metabolism and facilitating fat burning. Its 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids makes hemp oil superior to fish oil. Moreover, it has the most complete amino acid profile and contains all the 9 essential amino acids (phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine and histidine), which makes it superior to meat, milk, eggs and soy. In addition to all this, hemp oil is a great source of magnesium, phosphorus, pota ssium, zinc, iron, vitamins E, C, B1, B2, B6, and carotene in a fat soluble, easily digestible form, not to mention that it's naturally gluten and cholesterol free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. It's no surprise that hemp oil is packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, menstrual cramps, asthma, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, autoimmune disorders, and even cancer: it lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, improves blood circulation, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, boosts and strengthens the immune system, flushes toxins out of the body, improves liver and kidney function, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, relieves nausea and bloating, soothes the stomach lining, reduces inflammation, facilitates healing, stimulates the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes and neutralizes free radicals, improves brain function, restores hormonal balance, helps maintain healthy bones, joints, teeth, skin, hair, and nails, aids sleep, relieves the symptoms of stress and depression, and contains phytosterols which may reduce the risk of colon, breast and prostate cancer. Hemp seed oil is great for the skin and can be applied topically, as well. It deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, soothes, tones, firms, revitalizes, regenerates, and heals the skin, restoring its elasticity and making it softer and smoother, reduces redness and inflammation, prevents dryness and dehydration, regulates sebum production, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, improves cellular circulation, protects against premature aging. I love this organic hemp oil: it helps normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis, improves my complexion and evens out my skin tone. This product has a delicious nutty flavor and I add it salads, smoothies, rice, pasta, vegetable dishes, and many different recipes. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to have a healthier diet and improve their overall health and well-being.

I will never go without it

Posted by Reviewer2342158 on Oct 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Delicious, fresh, pure and so amazing. I am in my 40's and suddenly I am looking years younger. Granted I do take great care of myself, and I take quality supplements from iherb, but nothing made the difference until I added Nutiva Hemp Oil. My fine wrinkles are vastly diminished. My skin has a bounce to it and a plumpness. It looks brighter. My skin is not dry anymore! My scalp is actually getting oily again. This is huge. My joints are also feeling great. My inflammation levels are way down (CRP test much lower). I'm about to add it my dog's diet as well. Please vote for legislation to allow the growing of hemp in the US. We need hemp. VOTE HEMP :) -Michele from Pa.

Love the stuff

Posted by Reviewer1594522 on Feb 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

But it comes in a #1 PETE bottle. If your concerned about plastic residue then look for their 16 oz glass bottles apparently they're switching over this month, I emailed the company and asked. The stuff has great flavor though.

Great Product!

Posted by fvdfvfbvfvb on Jun 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My favorite oil for salads, wonderful taste and smell, it is very helpful. On the brand Manitoba is no different, smell and taste is identical, but the bottle is more convenient Nutiva brand.

Oil for smooth skin

Posted by Reviewer3133671 on Sep 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After using this oil for about 3 weeks I both see and feel a huge difference. My skin that used to be very dry in some areas, is now smooth and moist. A nice sideeffect is that my face looks younger and more fresh than before. I can really recomend this oil. And a huge pluss is the nutty taste.