One of the best sources of protein, omega-6, omega-3, omega-9 fatty acids, essential amino acids and minerals.

Posted by Leione on Apr 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Hemp seeds are truly a superfood. They're one of the best sources of the rare omega-6 (linolenic, gamma-linolenic), omega-3 (alpha-linolenic, stearidonic), omega-9 oleic fatty acids known for fighting inflammation, relieving pain, supporting a healthy metabolism and facilitating fat burning. Their 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids makes them superior to any fish. Moreover, hemp seeds have the most complete amino acid profile and contain all the 9 essential amino acids (phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine and histidine), which makes them superior to meat, milk, eggs and soy. In addition to all this, they're also one of the best sources of protein, minerals, vitamins and fiber: one serving (about three tablespoons) of hemp seeds provides a whopping 10 grams of protein (20% of the recommended daily intake), 50% of the RDI of magnesium and phosphorus, 25% of zinc, 15% of iron, 1 gram of fiber (4% of the RDI), vitamins E, A, B1, B2, B6, C, not to mention that they're easily digestible, naturally gluten and cholesterol free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. It's no surprise that hemp seeds are packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, menstrual cramps, asthma, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, autoimmune disorders, and even cancer: they stabilize blood sugar, regulate insulin levels and prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, improve blood circulation, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy skin, hair and nails, and contain plant sterols which may reduce the risk of colon, breast and prostate cancer. I love these organic hemp seeds. They normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, help my acid reflux and gastritis and keep me full for a long time stabilizing my blood sugar. They have a pleasant nutty flavor and I add them to oatmeal, cereal, soups, salads, yogurt, smoothies and many different recipes. So glad I ordered them. They're amazing.

Tastes good, hearty and healthy

Posted by 5-10dollarsOFF-iHerb-HERE on Mar 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use it in everything! It tastes good on its own as well as mixed in with other things (shakes, cereal, fruit salad, youghurt -probably anything you can think of) PLUS it is healthy and hearty. Only draw back is that it disappears waaaaay to quickly in this house.... and I can't restock every time that happens cause even if the product in itself is cheap, I have to pay clearance and value added tax and what not, so I have to pay attention to both price and weight of the thigs I order. All this sadly sets the limit. (Hi iHerb! Just want to mention that strawberrynet pays this back to you. I would love you for all time and buy everything from you if you did the same. Promise! (And fellow customers: say this was helpful to you if you agree))

lots of delicious nutrition & protein for a few bucks!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i brought these to a friend's house so he could try them; he's a big fan of hemp products but had never eaten the seeds. he got super-excited and had his wife, brother, sister-in-law, and several kids try them...everyone loved them, especially one 8-year-old nephew who is reputed to be a picky eater. i had to hide the bag so i'd have a little left to bring home! delicious on salad & toast, in oatmeal & smoothies. they remind me of sesame seeds...if you could just eat the "inside" of them. they're buttery and very soft, and seem like they would be easier to digest than other seeds. i toasted some in a dry pan and added an equal amount of chia seeds and a little sea salt for a home-made gomasio; sometimes i put a couple of tablespoons into a condiment cup and eat it very slowly (with my fingertip rather than a spoon) when i'm craving a salty snack. oh my goodness, my cat just ate some of my hempseeds! well, this crazy cat eats watermelon and drinks pineapple juice & lemonade, so i'm not saying your cat would like them...

A staple in smoothies, salads, raw food

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

These hemp seeds are a staple in my smoothies, thrown in salads, in raw foods, in homemade chocolate - you name it. Hemp seeds are really soft and easy to eat. Highly recommended as something healthy to add to your current meals.

Love love love this!!

Posted by kjernesunn-nordkvinne on May 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Im in love..

Great in Smoothies!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I already had some of the Nutiva hemp protein powder, so I had decided to get some of the hempseed to add into my hemp smoothies. Great tasting. Also great to sprinkle in oatmeal and on salads!

Taste nice with smoothie

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It add sweetness to my smoothie but my body does not like it.

Delicious, satisfying, and healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My wife and I eat these on salads, they make the salad exponentially better. They give a rich nutty flavor and a pleasant texture. We've also eaten them in hot cereal, also good. The Nutiva ones are just as good but these are slightly cheaper.

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love these seeds better than other hemp seeds I found on iherb. They have pleasant consistency. The package is good quality, still reseals tight after many uses.

Delicious

Posted by WellnessRoad on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I had never tried hempseed previously but I was interested in the health benefits - 33% protein with Omega-3 and GLA-the healthy EFAs doctors recommend plus the fact that they are a 100% raw product. In addition to the health benefits, they taste absolutely delicious. They have an almost nutty taste and I noticed in the product description that the taste is likened too pine nuts. I sprinkle these on salads, yoghurt, soup and vegetables. Recently however, iherb have stopped shipping this item to Australia and upon investigation I found out that in this country it is not legal to ingest hemp products. Ridiculous! The good thing is that it looks like this law will be amended shortly. I sure hope so as I'm currently rationing my remaining stash.