Hemp Shakes to Start Your Day

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

As a nutritionist, I encourage people to start their day with a Nutiva Hemp Shake. The chocolate is very tasty, providing 7 grams of bioactive easily digestible protein and 12 grams of fiber, 11 of those insoluble ! Hemp provides you with essential oils and because it is organic, you can be assured none of the ingredients have been genetically modified. It is not processed with harsh, toxic solvents and goes great with whole natural fruits like bananas or strawberries - which of course should also be organic ! This product gives your cells a vital nutrient dense boost to help you be a productive, vibrant individual. Try it, you'll love it !

not the same as before

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When I bought this shake last summer I liked it. It had a nice strong chocolate taste. Not too sweet but sweet enough. When I bought more around last Christmas, they had changed the ingredients of the product. It now tastes disgusting. I would describe the taste being similar to mixing raw flour and milk together. It has no sweetness what-so-ever, and no chocolate taste either. I would gag trying to get it down. I don't understand why they would change the ingredients when they were perfectly fine to begin with. Extremely disappointed.

reformulated

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The company reformulated this product recently, and it is horrible now! Higher calories, terrible taste! Do not buy. I am so disappointed as I was a huge fan of the old stuff.

Yuck and Yuck.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I got this because it had great reviews, and honestly wish I hadn't now. I was looking for a shake that would give me that boost of energy I needed to keep going through the ladies home shows I do at night and now throughout the day as I am pregnant. But this stuff is not the answer. I have tried mixing it with just water (my preference for a shake) and soy milk. First I shook it up myself in my nalgene bottle, the powder never disolved and I shook and shook with ice and everything, it just stuck to the bottom of the bottle, it was super gritty and had a terrible texture. Then I tried blending it with my milk in the blender. It is SUPER think, gritty, and doesn't taste all that good. I only use two rounded spoonfuls, the instructions recommend up to 4! I have no idea how you could even drink this with 4 spoonfuls in 8 ounces, I am not sure it would even come out of the bottle it's so thick with two. I will have to keep experimenting because I will certainly use the whole can of it, but I have to say, energy & taste wise, it doesn't work as well as the other shake I got, the Country Life Greens & Whey soy shake, which tastes 100% better than this and contains more vitamins. The hemp shake is mostly protein. I wouldn't recommend this shake. Gof ro the Country Life Shakes, they are MUCH better, and they really work for me.

Love!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Tastes good and gives me lots of energy, I highly recommend this and iherb:)

Excellent taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was not expecting something this healthy to taste this good! I mix it with chocolate oat milk and I love it. Great stuff!

Rich Chocolate

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

If you like chocolate you will like this. I mixed mine with 1 cup almond milk. it was very very rich. I recommend, but not for breakfast..unless you like chocolate for breakfast :)

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use a scoop of this with two scoops of the plain hemp protein + fiber. That way this product lasts longer.

Peggy Carraway Murray KY

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love it! Mix it with almond or rice milk, half frozen banana, flax seed oil and D Ribose. The DRibose gives it the extra sweetness I like.

YUK

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Too chunky when mixed with soymilk and does not taste all that great. I will not buy again.