Help

Excellent for regularity

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had read a lot about chia online, and wanted to try them out. I tried them various ways, but have settled into have a shot glass of pudding in the morning (1 tablespoon of seeds, agave, nutmeg, cinnamon, and almond milk--dairy milk tastes ok but the seeds do not soak as much liquid when I use dairy milk, so they are crunchier), and after dinner, a glass of diluted orange juice, with some seeds in it that I keep pre-soaked in the fridge. It has really helped with regularity. I had a lot of problems with constipation before. I read that because of the antioxidants and omega-3's, chia can also be good for reducing wrinkles, but I have not seen any effects in that area yet (I am 30 and have some on my forehead and around my eyes). I try to chew the seeds so that I can get the most of their nutrients, but a lot of them just go right through. I tried grinding them into my smoothies, but they gave it a grainy, thick taste that I didn't like. I prefer to put pre-soaked seeds into my smoothie. If the smoothie contains anything frozen, the seeds quickly freeze and become little chewy ice balls that are quite good. I found when I did the chia-orange-juice thing in the middle of the day as a snack, it gave me diarrhea, so that wasn't so great-feeling. I also read that because chia seeds are in the salvia family, they can be addictive, so you should only eat them 3 weeks out of the month. I haven't had them long enough to get addicted, but I don't know what I would do without them for a week! My diet is overall pretty low in fiber, so chia seeds are a great way to get fiber. They combine well with so many other foods, and are so easy to prepare. I wanted to give some to my pregnant friend, who is of course having problems with regularity, but I read that they are not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, mainly because not much testing has been done in that area. It's too bad, because I was hoping to use them if I get pregnant.

Ancient Aztecs' best kept secret.

Posted by Caerulea on May 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Chia seeds are truly a superfood. One ounce (about two tablespoons) of chia seeds provides a whopping 11 grams of fiber (45% of the recommended daily intake), 14% of the recommended daily intake of iron, 18% of calcium, 24% of magnesium, 27% of phosphorus, 30% of manganese 14% of zinc, not to mention that they're naturally gluten free and suitable for people suffering from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. But that's not all: chia seeds are one of the best vegetable sources of protein (one ounce provides 7 grams, 10% of the RDI) and vitamins B1, B2, B3 (about 20% of the RDI in one ounce) and the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids (5 grams in one ounce, the RDI is 3-4 grams), and unlike flaxseeds, they can be eaten whole and don't need to be ground. It comes as no surprise that chia seeds are packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and many other diseases and conditions: they stabilize blood sugar, regulate insulin levels and prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth. I really love these white chia seeds. They normalize my cholesterol and blood pressure, help my acid reflux and gastritis and keep me full for a long time stabilizing my blood sugar. They have a more delicate taste than black ones and I add them everywhere: from oatmeal and cereal to different recipes. When soaked for a few minutes, they develop a gelatinous coating and produce a nutritious and almost tasteless gel which is a great cholesterol free binding agent that can be used instead of eggs and won't affect the flavor of any food. Great product. Would definitely recommend it.

Chia Seeds

Posted by KiMaLi on Apr 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Chia seeds are a species of flowering plant in the mint family. It is native to Mexico and Guatemala. Chia seeds can used in drinks and as a food source. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. If you found this review helpful please click the yes button.

Tasty ALA omega-3's..

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great source of vegan omega 3 to combine with sweet deserts....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

what happened??

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been buying chia seeds from iherb. My recent 4th repurchase from them was horrible! The expiry date is supposedly to be Dec 2017 and when I received my 4 packs of white chia seeds, the packaging looks wrong. And the best part, the expiry date states Dec 2014! I am so mad! The parcel box is also litters with scattered chia seeds!

Good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am happy with my purchase. Packaging describes the seeds well. They tase good too and they are healthy! Will purchase again.

прикольные семена! funny seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Про то, что они полезные итак везде написано. Я же заказала их из любопытства, т.к. в интернете полно рецептов с их "участием". Действительно, за пол часа из 100 гр воды и столовой ложки семян образовался прозрачный гель, безвкусный. Его можно добавить в любое блюдо сладкое или соленое, загустить соус или суп или добавить для обогащения блюда полезными составляющими этих семян. Маст-хев для тех, кто любит экспериментировать на кухне! About that they useful so everywhere is written. I ordered them out of curiosity since on the Internet it is full of recipes with their "participation". Really, for a half an hour from 100 gr of water (about 3 oz) and a tablespoon of seeds transparent gel, tasteless was formed. It can be added in any dish sweet or salty, to thicken sauce or soup or to add for dish enrichment by useful components of these seeds. Mast-have for those who likes to experiment in kitchen!

! burvīgas

Posted by Strelka on Aug 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Čia sēklas ir ideāls uztura papildinājums cilvēkiem ar palielinātu fizisko un garīgo slodzi. Čia sēklas ir viens no uzturvielām bagātākajiem dabas produktiem. Tās ir augstvērtīgs minerālvielu, olbaltumvielu, šķiedrvielu un omega-3 taukvielu avots, tās novērš būtisko uzturvielu trūkumu organismā pie paaugstinātas slodzes un stresa. Čia sēklu sastāvā ir magnijs, kālijs, kalcijs un dzelzs. Pētījumi liecina, ka čia sēklas satur 5 reizes vairāk kalcija nekā piens, 3 reizes vairāk dzelzs nekā spināti, 15 reizes vairāk magnija nekā brokoļi. Omega-3 taukvielu čia sēklās ir vairāk nekā linsēklās. Čia sēklas ir ļoti vērtīgs antioksidants, tās satur 3 reizes vairāk antioksidantu nekā mellenes.

good はじめての購入

Posted by lchchchiyo on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

it's really filling only a few spoonful of this and a cup of fresh juice makes my beakfast! this is my first order of chia, i cant compare to anything, so far so good. 初めてなので比較対象が無いのですが強いくせもなく美味しく頂きました。スプーン数杯とコップ一杯のジュースで充分朝食代わりになってお昼までおなかが空きません。

Patiko

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Tiesiog gera kaina, o kalbant apie pačias Chia sėklas, tai nelabai ką naujo ir pasakysi, apie jų naudą internete tiek prirašytą, kad dviračio išradinėti jau čia nebėra tikslo. Tiesa, mes, lietuvaičiai galime pasidžiaugti, kad turime jų analogą - linų sėmenis. Tai kartais pagalvoju, ar tikrai čia verta jau jas taip naudoti, gal geriau naudoti tai, kas arčiau mūsų regione - minėti linų sėmenys. Skanaus.