Bad side Effects, nothing positive to report

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I took this for about 12 days. I experienced no benefit but several side effects. One of them was dry mouth. By dry I mean DRY. Not only did my lips go dry but the skin around the area of my mouth became dry and hard as well. It was painful to touch. My lips were purpose from how much they cracked up. Second they seemed to cause a sort of "drugging" effect, in that my speech spurred and was not clear I sounded like I was on some kind of tranquilizers. This happened on a low dose of 200mg a day.

Big savings

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Thankyou for selling products at greatly reduced prices, so that those that are sick can afford them. They are gradually making a difference for my son who's suffering with Chronic Fatigue, Anxiety & Depression.

Very good product!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had been taking 5-HTP along with St. John's Wort for depression with no success. After taking 200 mg of Nutralife SAM-e, within a few hours I could tell a difference in my mood. But I am a person who can usually feel something very quickly. I am told it takes time to work properly. My advice is to try it and see if it works for you. Nutralife is the first brand of SAM-e I have tried but after much research on SAM-e, I found it to be one of the top quality, time-tested brands on the market with a good price. SAM-e is also good for joint and liver health. I was pleased with the product and would recommend it. Delivery from iherb was fantastic arriving in just 2 days. I would order again. Thank you iherb!

You can't beat the "original"

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have found the potentency of SAMe can vary by manufacturer. I am pleased to have discovered the NutraLife brand as each tablet is the potency claimed as evidenced by the positive effects I experience on mood and joint pain. I'll be sticking with the "original"!

Potent and Efficacious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product comes with excellent background information that really helped me manage how much I should be taking, as well as how/when to take it for best absorption. I could tell a tremendous difference in my overall mood stability and sense of health within just a couple days. I highly recommend it for overall well-being, joint healing, and liver health. I use it for all three.

Quality product, just not sure of the substance

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I took 200 Mg a day of this in the hopes of improving my currently down spirits. Although this seemed to help, a one day lapse after a week of taking it threw me into deeper depression than what was normal. I've since stopped taking it as I don't think becoming dependant on it is any better than dealing with mild depression from time to time. Needless to say, it’s my personal choice.

SAMe for Depression

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product is fantastic. I have suffered with depression, and I mean very debilitating depression, not just feeling down for over thirty years. I started taking SAMe in March 2013 and in weeks I was a new woman. I could plan again for holidays without waiting until the last moment as well as other activities. In fact I have got my life back again. I recommend anyone who suffers with depression to at least try it. My consultant did not wish me to take SAMe at the same time I was taking antidepressants but I did not feel able to just stop taking the latter so I reduced the antidepressants and gradually introduced SAMe over a few weeks. One side affect is that I have arthritic hands and these have improved tremendously and I can now wash my hands properly. Patricia

Great Value Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have used SAMe from Nutralife for several years now and can thoroughly recommend it as a safe and helpful product. I have mild / severe osteoartritis (depending on circumstances / mood / weather, etc) and find that by taking this product, along with a careful maintenece programme of swimming and stretching that it alleviates most of the worse symptoms. In the past I could not even do decorating without my joints becoming extremely painful but now I can take on tasks with every confidence that I will not suffer afterwards. A lot of this is I am sure down to taking SAMe and I can heartily recommend it

Keeping my dogs healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My dog has been treated with Phenobarbitol and Potassium Bromide for many years. Both drugs are hard on his liver -- I have been giving him and his sister the 200 mg tablets for a while now, and I think it has kept him alive. Recently he's been having issues with dry eye which can also be attributed to liver problems, so I am trying to be more diligent about giving them. You MUST give them on an empty stomach and not eat anything for at least an hour. I once took them and ate something about a half hour later and became very nauseated. My female dog was having kidney problems, close to kidney failure last August and after putting her on K-D prescription food and these pills, she is doing awesome. My vet can't believe how much she improved and how much better her kidney values are.

Good Sam-e for good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Seems like a good quality product. Helps me with brain fog and joint/muscle pain from chronic fatigue.